Fluteolet

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Jim Wright
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Fluteolet

Post by Jim Wright »

Picked up a "fluteolet" never heard of one .. it is different to say the least ... end blown .. with a bell like a clarinet .... 6 holes .. solid metal fipple with wings on the airway and the airway is on the opposite side of the holes.. and there is one extra hole very close to the bell. Heavy nickel plated looks great and plays better. Instructions say it is Bb.. maybe don't have tuner here and not a perfect pitch by any means.

Came with music ..and pictures of people .... pictures look to be in the 20s or 30s but just guessing.

Really like the sound very little to no air .. just good clean "mellow" notes. This newbie finally is able to get the sound I have been wanting.

Have any of u ever heard of one of these ...... checked on Google .. no hits??

Thanks in advance.

Jim
emmline
antispam: No

Post by emmline »

Jim: this word does not even appear in a Google. Are you sure you don't mean flageolet?
Jim Wright
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Fluteolet

Post by Jim Wright »

Em,

Instruction sheet calls it a "Fluteolet" and says the fingering will also work for a "Clarolet" so I am calling it by what the manufacturer called it.

I looked at the picture of a flagolet and it is not the same .. bell on this is 2 1/4" in dia. and 2" long. End of the bell is 4" below the bottom hole.

There is a hole on the opposite side whose opening is at the top of the bell and would be all but impossible to close while playing. There is also a soldered on thumb rest.

It is a nice instrument and will be nicer as soon as I get the gunk out of it.

Thanks for the reply,

Jim
busterbill
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Re: Fluteolet

Post by busterbill »

[Thread revival. - Mod]

I'm commenting on this to get it to the top of the page in active topics.