Whistle Identity

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
preacher
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I am in my 70s and played music since fourth grade. Paid gigs include everything starting with church solos in 4th grade, nightclubs starting 9th grade, and worship ministry. Had a 29 year career teaching high school music both choral and instrumental. I've played several instruments starting with trumpet as my main ax. I added flute, sax and keys after college. Early 2000s whistles were added to my arsenal. I'm back to playing again after a 5 year hiatus.

Whistle Identity

Post by preacher »

I would like to see if someone can ID the maker of this whistle. It is a B whistle I bought over 10 years ago but the name escapes me.
It is very similar to Reyburn. I took pics but I don't know if I did the Img thingy right. I don't see the pictures coming up here but clicking will bring them up
[img]https://ibb.co/HXNGR6t
https://ibb.co/VmNdR9P
https://ibb.co/CPPj4LM
https://ibb.co/w4bKKCP[/img]
ecadre
Tell us something.: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: Whistle Identity

Post by ecadre »

Possibly a wild guess ... is it an old Humphrey whisle?
busterbill

Post by busterbill »

I rather clumsily pulled up a thread from 2004 about the fluteolet. It will show up as its own topic. If I were smarter I would have figured out how to insert it in this thread. But ... hehe
Peter Duggan
Tell us something.: I'm not registering, I'm trying to edit my profile! The field “Tell us something.” is too short, a minimum of 100 characters is required.

Post by Peter Duggan »

busterbill, that's viewtopic.php?f=1&t=19332.

But I think you meant it for viewtopic.php?f=20&t=111511, not here?
And we in dreams behold the Hebrides.

Master of nine?
fatmac
Tell us something.: Kickbiker - at over 70!
:lol:

Post by fatmac »

Keith.
Trying to do justice to my various musical instruments.
preacher
Tell us something.: I am in my 70s and played music since fourth grade. Paid gigs include everything starting with church solos in 4th grade, nightclubs starting 9th grade, and worship ministry. Had a 29 year career teaching high school music both choral and instrumental. I've played several instruments starting with trumpet as my main ax. I added flute, sax and keys after college. Early 2000s whistles were added to my arsenal. I'm back to playing again after a 5 year hiatus.

Post by preacher »

I think Andrew may have got it right. It could well be Gary Humphrey's work. I found a review of His low D whistle with pictures and they look a lot alike. the mouth in particular looks the same with one minor difference on the ramp. The low D ramp looks straight to me. On my B it angles down partway back. Don't know if this makes a difference. If it is Humphrey I wonder if he is still around - I couldn't find anything current.
Steve Bliven

Post by Steve Bliven »

Gary Humphry posted here as recently as June of this year. Said he was still making whistles. Search under subject: Humphry Whistle Questions. He posts under the name of Raindog1970 so you could also search in the member's list for contact info.

Best wishes.

Steve
Live your life so that, if it was a book, Florida would ban it.
TxWhistler
Tell us something.: I have recently retired and have always wanted to learn to play a musical instrument. I'm leaning to play the whistle and now the flute.

Post by TxWhistler »

Here's Gary Humphrey's website to order whistles with his contact info at the bottom of the page.

http://web.blomand.net/~ghumphrey/
preacher

Post by preacher »

Thanks for the info. A quick look at his whistles confirms my B is one of his. Thanks to all here for help