New whistle CD : "Simply Whistle" - Pat Walsh

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
kenny
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

New whistle CD : "Simply Whistle" - Pat Walsh

Post by kenny »

Lovely CD of whistle playing, recently released, by Pat Walsh from Manchester [ England ]. Here's what I wrote when I listed it at "thesession.org" :

"Excellent whistle player from Manchester, another recording engineered and produced by Michael McGoldrick who is doing a great job in bringing out music like this by the many fine players in his local community.
A mixture of traditional tunes, tunes by modern composers and original tunes. I like this recording for the relative simplicity and clarity of playing - whistle by John Sindt, which is always a good choice. Leaning more to Micho Russell than Mary Bergin on the scale of ornamentation, I found this a refreshing change from many of the over-ornamented whistle recordings brought out in the past few years.
19 tracks, over 60 mins of music, and a very well-produced fold out digipak, with accompanying booklet with biography, photos of Manchester musicians past and present and tune details make this recording very good value indeed.
I saw the first Christmas cards on sale near Aberdeen this afternoon [ 19/09/20 ]. If you have Irish musician friends, here’s your Christmas presents sorted".

Link here : https://thesession.org/recordings/7091

Available for purchase from Pat herself here : http://www.patwalshwhistle.com/
"There's fast music and there's lively music. People don't always know the difference"
ytliek
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Re: New whistle CD : "Simply Whistle" - Pat Walsh

Post by ytliek »

Thank you for posting Kenny. The CD ought to be added to the whistle forum "Recordings" sticky thread above if the Mods deem appropriate.