I'm curious - is this a tweaked Clare?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
TxWhistler
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I have recently retired and have always wanted to learn to play a musical instrument. I'm leaning to play the whistle and now the flute.

I'm curious - is this a tweaked Clare?

Post by TxWhistler »

The label says Tipperary but the head looks like a Clare to me. Is this a tweaked Clare??? Will someone provide more info on these please.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tin-Whistle- ... %3A2334524

No, I'm not planning on buying it, just curious. :D
Mr.Gumby

Re: I'm curious - is this a tweaked Clare?

Post by Mr.Gumby »

There's no reason to think it has been imrpoved or modified. I vaguely remember these but never paid them much attention. It does look a lot like a Clare.
My brain hurts

TxWhistler
Tell us something.: I have recently retired and have always wanted to learn to play a musical instrument. I'm leaning to play the whistle and now the flute.

Post by TxWhistler »

Mr.Gumby wrote:There's no reason to think it has been imrpoved or modified. I vaguely remember these but never paid them much attention. It does look a lot like a Clare.

Well the reason I thought it "might" be was that I've seen Obriain tweaked Feadogs and they look like a Feadog with a new sticker in place of the factory sticker and Freeman's bluebird and blackbirds look like Generation whistles with a new Freeman sticker in place of the factory sticker.

That lead me to the "possibility" that it might be a tweaked Clare since it looks like a Clare to me. :D
Mr.Gumby

Post by Mr.Gumby »

That actually makes a modicum of sense, if yyou put it that way.

I thought more of them as something made for the tourist market, a long way perhaps but Tipperary is arguably more alive in some people's imagination than Clare. Anyway, the typical multilingual Tipp whistle packs are still around : here

My brain hurts

Dan A.
Tell us something.: I can only hope that my proficiency with the whistle is steadily improving. A few of my whistles get a workout on an almost daily basis. And I'm almost certainly afflicted with WhOAD.

Post by Dan A. »

Mr.Gumby wrote:Tipperary is arguably more alive in some people's imagination than Clare.
The opposite is true in my case. Perhaps the small picture threw me off, but the Tipperary tutorial book seems to bear a passing resemblance to that of Walton's.
AuLoS303
Tell us something.: I have a fascination for musical instruments of all kinds, and though I'm not a very good player I have a small collection of acoustic instruments including 5 recorders, 3 tin whistles , 3 guitars and 2 ukuleles.

Post by AuLoS303 »

Gawd I do wish ebayers would improve their photography skills!
You can play beautiful music on an ugly flute
My musical endeavours on my blog