Cudos to Ronaldo...

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
piperjoe
antispam: No

Cudos to Ronaldo...

Post by piperjoe »

Just thought I'd share my recent acquisition from Ronaldo (Reyburn of course). Ordered an A/Bb set in brass, took just a couple of weeks to arrive and they play beautifully.

Easy blowing, easy/comfortable reach, good response to articulation and ornaments and great intonation.

Great instrument(s) and great service, what's not to love? Thanks Ronaldo. :thumbsup:

Piperjoe
BKWeid
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I really enjoy the information and experience from the members on this forum. I've learned so much from the long time members about ITM, flutes, and whistles in general. I also enjoy the humor and culture. Instrument reviews have been helpful and the posts on embouchure are priceless. As I generally don't get out to sessions, the information from this board is my only connection at times to the music.

Re: Cudos to Ronaldo...

Post by BKWeid »

Agreed. Very good service and excellent whistles. His aluminum low D is nothing short of fantastic.
pancelticpiper
Tell us something.: Playing Scottish and Irish music in California for 45 years.
These days many discussions are migrating to Facebook but I prefer the online chat forum format.

Post by pancelticpiper »

In my experience, I've played quite a few Reyburns, he's the most consistent maker at nailing the tuning.

And his whistles always have a certain special sound, a bit of a NAF thing, that's unique to him.
Richard Cook
c1980 Quinn uilleann pipes
1945 Starck Highland pipes
Goldie Low D whistle
piperjoe

Post by piperjoe »

BKWeid wrote:Agreed. Very good service and excellent whistles. His aluminum low D is nothing short of fantastic.
Got to agree...I have both a brass and an aluminum low D from Ronaldo. I'd be hard pressed to say which Is my favorite. Some tunes seem to sound better on one and some on the other. I could never be without both! :pint:

Piperjoe
The Lurking Fear

Post by The Lurking Fear »

I got an A/Bb set and had him turn out an additional A tube w/ET .

They're all great. If I could play only one brand I think I could be ok with that-if they were Reyburns.
AngelicBeaver
Tell us something.: I've been playing whistles since 2010. I love how varied whistles are in their design, construction, tone, and handling. Though I've largely settled on what I enjoy playing, I'm still a sucker for an interesting new design.

Post by AngelicBeaver »

I've played three Reyburns (used Delrin/brass low D, Hard maple/brass low D, and a used Delrin/brass low F). Each one has been very different from the next. The F has been my favorite, and I've been tempted to buy an alto A or G. The F takes a little more effort to play than some of my other whistles, but it's got such a rich, earthy tone that it's worth it when I can get it right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12CFG3LXaRQ&t=45s
Nathaniel James Dowell