A question about the Generation Greenhead whistles

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
ChristianRo
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: A question about the Generation Greenhead whistles

Post by ChristianRo »

My very first whistle was a blacktop nickel Generation, marketed as a "James Galway" pennywhistle. It was useless for folk, of course, could only play Vivaldi and Bach. I gave it away.

EDIT: Hey, just noticed I've reached 500 posts since June 2001. Congrats, old chap :)
Christian
Jimacoustic1976
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I am a guitarists,i enjoy talking and learning about acoustic guitars.Recently I bought a Roland Oetter 12 string guitar,Roland Oetter was a German luthier, he died in 1985.
I would like to know more about his guitars.

Post by Jimacoustic1976 »

[Thread revival. - Mod]
Sedi wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:16 am The blue top is for Blues, obviously. Don't know about the red one though :D . Jazz maybe?
Joking aside, my father once had a guitar made by the famous German guitar maker Roland Oetter (Tony Sheridan had one of his guitars for instance and Joan Baez ordered one but Oetter died in an accident before he finished it, I think) and he wanted it with a blue finish because he plays Blues. Oetter protested but my father insisted. So to my knowledge, that is the only blue Oetter-guitar in existence. The blue faded to green over time however.
That's a great story.I recently bought a Roland Oetter 12 string guitar, made in 1978.I would like to know more about the guitar, are they collectable? if you have any informations I would be most grateful.
pancelticpiper
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Playing Scottish and Irish music in California for 45 years.
These days many discussions are migrating to Facebook but I prefer the online chat forum format.

Post by pancelticpiper »

Sedi wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:16 am The blue top is for Blues, obviously. The blue faded to green over time however.
Ah, so now it's for Folk.
Richard Cook
c1980 Quinn uilleann pipes
1945 Starck Highland pipes
Goldie Low D whistle