Parks Ghost Whistle

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
ElementalWhistle
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I am looking forward to learning more about whistles and sessions and tunes and this looked like a positive community and great resource.

Parks Ghost Whistle

Post by ElementalWhistle »

I want to buy a Parks Ghost Whistle--but the website says out of stock, he's not answering messages (classical whistle maker, right?). Anyone know of a website where I can pick one up? TIA
Alaskamike
Tell us something.: I just bought a Clarke Sweetone and I’m interested in learning how to play it. My goal is to be able to play the whistle without my family complaining too much.

Re: Parks Ghost Whistle

Post by Alaskamike »

In my dealings with him, Carey is actually very responsive to email. I would give him a couple more days (I don't know how long it's been). Also, he's good about keeping his website up to date with available stock, so you can keep checking back to see if any pop up for sale. The other option is to buy an Every Whistle or a Walkabout. They're more expensive, but they include the Park's Tone Ring, which is what makes Parks Whistles special!
Katharine
Tell us something.: Something..............................................................................................

Post by Katharine »

Alaskamike wrote:In my dealings with him, Carey is actually very responsive to email. I would give him a couple more days (I don't know how long it's been). Also, he's good about keeping his website up to date with available stock, so you can keep checking back to see if any pop up for sale. The other option is to buy an Every Whistle or a Walkabout. They're more expensive, but they include the Park's Tone Ring, which is what makes Parks Whistles special!
But...but... Ghost Whistle is CLEAR!!!

(I keep trying not to want one for that reason. I perhaps never got over that obsession with clear things from the 80s.)

(There's really no "perhaps" about it.)
Here's tae us--
Wha's like us?
Damn few--
And they're a' deid--
Mair's the pity.
Sedi
Tell us something.: Practice, practice, practice. You're never too old to learn.
Keep on fluting.
---u---o-o-o--o-o-o--
-----------------------

Post by Sedi »

The reason I bought mine was that it is the cheapest Parks-whistle. And it plays lovely. I was thinking about getting one of his tunable models but they are currently hard to get without a considerable waiting time in Germany. The only German seller who stocked them (folkfriends.com) has no stock at the moment. In the US I'd just order from Mr Parks directly.
Narzog
Tell us something.: Can play several instruments at an unimpressive level. Currently most interested in whistling with a side of acoustic guitar.

Post by Narzog »

It was 4th of July weekend in the US so that could be why he hasnt responded yet.
Alaskamike
Tell us something.: I just bought a Clarke Sweetone and I’m interested in learning how to play it. My goal is to be able to play the whistle without my family complaining too much.

Post by Alaskamike »

But...but... Ghost Whistle is CLEAR!!!

(I keep trying not to want one for that reason. I perhaps never got over that obsession with clear things from the 80s.)
I made a couple of my own clear whistles (the only thin-walled PVC on Amazon that I could find was clear). If you're curious about how much moisture is in your breath, then a clear whistle is for you. There are some things in life I really don't care to know!