Whistle: who made this?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
ElementalWhistle
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I am looking forward to learning more about whistles and sessions and tunes and this looked like a positive community and great resource.

Whistle: who made this?

Post by ElementalWhistle »

Hello!
I recently purchased this whistle and wish to know who is it’s maker. The person from whom I purchased it does not know either. The tone from the low through the 2nd octave is consistently ‘pure’ similar to my high D Burke. It lacks really any chiff or breathy sounds. The back-pressure is incredible on this little thing. I can play through an entire 16 bars of a jig with some cuts, taps, and tonguing without the need for a second breath. This is uncommon as on all my other high D whistles I usually breath at 4-8 bars. Can anyone help with a lead to identification of this instrument? Notice, there are some engravings on it.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Last edited by ElementalWhistle on Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peter Duggan
Tell us something.: I'm not registering, I'm trying to edit my profile! The field “Tell us something.” is too short, a minimum of 100 characters is required.

Re: Whistle: who made this?

Post by Peter Duggan »

Hans Bracker.
And we in dreams behold the Hebrides.

Master of nine?
Narzog
Tell us something.: Can play several instruments at an unimpressive level. Currently most interested in whistling with a side of acoustic guitar.

Post by Narzog »

I saw a whistle that looked like this on the irish flute store website. I noticed it was gone the other day. Is this it lol? I thought of buying it myself but I was looking to get a C whistle. When I decided I need to get a good D I was looking at their site and this was gone. Hopefully you like it, if its the one I'm thinking of it seemed like a really good deal.
Tunborough
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Tunborough »

I miss Hans. Do you know how he's doing these days, Peter?
Peter Duggan
Tell us something.: I'm not registering, I'm trying to edit my profile! The field “Tell us something.” is too short, a minimum of 100 characters is required.

Post by Peter Duggan »

I believe he's currently in Spain and has been for at least months, but don't know any more.
And we in dreams behold the Hebrides.

Master of nine?