How to post on the instrument sale/exchange threads

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
ElementalWhistle
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I am looking forward to learning more about whistles and sessions and tunes and this looked like a positive community and great resource.

How to post on the instrument sale/exchange threads

Post by ElementalWhistle »

I'm trying to post a for sale on the instrument sale thread. This thread lets you select 'new topic' at the top and bottom of the threads. I don't see this option anywhere on that page. How do you do so? Where is the magic button I am missing? Thanks in advance.
Steve Bliven

Re: How to post on the instrument sale/exchange threads

Post by Steve Bliven »

Click on any existing thread and the New Topic button will be there. Basically what you did to get your note above.

Best wishes.

Steve
Live your life so that, if it was a book, Florida would ban it.
Peter Duggan
Tell us something.: I'm not registering, I'm trying to edit my profile! The field “Tell us something.” is too short, a minimum of 100 characters is required.

Post by Peter Duggan »

You need three posts (and final approval) before you can post on the Used Instruments Exchange:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=84192#p1038845
And we in dreams behold the Hebrides.

Master of nine?
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

ElementalWhistle wrote:I'm trying to post a for sale on the instrument sale thread. This thread lets you select 'new topic' at the top and bottom of the threads. I don't see this option anywhere on that page. How do you do so? Where is the magic button I am missing? Thanks in advance.
New members undergo a trial period, after which they are granted full permissions which include use of the Used Instruments Exchange (UIE), and the ability to send and receive private messages (PMs). The first three posts are reviewed by Admin, and once all have been approved, the trial period is over. You have two posts left before we grant full permissions.

This is covered in C&F's policy digest, known for short as the CCCP, and it's available for reference at the top of every forum page. While you contemplate your next two posts, I recommend you look in on the CCCP and make a start at familiarizing yourself with Board policy. You don't have to swallow the thing whole, but at least check out the index to see what's covered. There'll usually be an answer to any of your policy questions.

In the meantime, you can always post your instrument for sale in the appropriate forum (whistles in the Whistle Forum, fiddles in Trad Strings, etc.); that's entirely permitted.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
ElementalWhistle
Tell us something.: I am looking forward to learning more about whistles and sessions and tunes and this looked like a positive community and great resource.

Post by ElementalWhistle »

Thanks so much. I see that now. Since joining I've been more of a 'reading threads' participant and don't tend to post things I'm wondering or thinking in online forums. I understand the value of this to admin (to invite conversation or share discussion) to know we are here for the community, which I am! I do see that now as a requirement, in order to participate in other ways on this, you must have other posts. Thanks again for the heads up I appreciate it!