Chieftain Thunderbird Low D discontinued !

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
gerardo1000

Chieftain Thunderbird Low D discontinued !

Post by gerardo1000 »

Not available anymore on the Kerry Whistles web site. I have one, it is a fabulous low D. What a pity! :(
PB+J
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm a historian and the author of "The Beat Cop:Chicago's Chief O'Neill and the Creation of Irish Music," published by the University of Chicago in 2022. I live in Arlington VA and play the flute sincerely but not well

Re: Chieftain Thunderbird Low D discontinued !

Post by PB+J »

They often seem to run out of stock of different models--does it SAY it's been discontinued?
gerardo1000

Post by gerardo1000 »

Phil Hardy sent a message to his customers mailing list saying that he will not build the Low D version anymore. He gave an explanation that was a bit too technical for me and that I was not able to understand. Fact is, it looks like the Thunderbird low D is dead. Which is sad, because it was a perfect complement to the V5. Less breathy , more powerful.
RoberTunes
Tell us something.: I am a flute, guitar, keyboard + whistle player learning about quality whistles, musical possibilities and playing techniques. I've recorded a CD of my own music and am creating music for kids.

Post by RoberTunes »

Yikes! The Thunderbird has always impressed me with it's power and range of expression. Hoping the G and F stick around through the rest of this year and we'll see what's in the Thunderbird range next year when hopefully the economies pick up everywhere. And then again, Phil Hardy is always making improvements in design and so maybe the next stage of Thunderbird-like whistles are on the way. The new high D he's releasing sounds great. On with the show, I guess!
fatmac
Tell us something.: Kickbiker - at over 70!
:lol:

Post by fatmac »

Maybe more people are playing low F these days, which could be selling better..... :D
Keith.
Trying to do justice to my various musical instruments.