Thin Weasel / Water Weasel

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Paul Clayton
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm not a spammer. I'm just a budding whistle player. Looking for information to help me get better.

Thin Weasel / Water Weasel

Post by Paul Clayton »

Recently purchased a collection of used instruments and found a High D Thin Weasel / Water Weasel in the lot. It's the PVC version. I love the way the whistle plays, but I'm full up with High D whistles. Was thinking about selling it, but have no idea what it's worth. Any ideas of its value?
saintninian

Re: Thin Weasel / Water Weasel

Post by saintninian »

I've seen them go for between $125.00 - $150.00 US. I have both a C and D Water Weasel, and I paid somewhere in that range for each of them. Markets can be a fickle thing, however.
busterbill

Re: Thin Weasel / Water Weasel

Post by busterbill »

I've seen Water Weasels go for more but not much more. Right now you have a number of musicians in a bit of a pinch financially so the market may lean towards the low end. Complete sets go for more of course. I don't know about the Thin Weasel which is the wooden version. But you may just not be aware they are not referred to with the same name. I believe Glenn Schultz was the first maker of the PVC whistle. (Feel free to correct me hive mind). You could check with Blayne Chastain at the Irish Flute Store and see what he'd list them for.

I have a set of Water Weasels and like them very much Eb, D, C.

BTW there was a WTB Thin Whistle listing, either on this page or one of the Facebook pages devoted to whistles. But they were likely referring to the wood version. I can't remember where I saw it.

Good luck on your sale. I am sure someone will be very happy with it. They are delightful whistles.