WTB Jon Sindt Bb and D whistles or others- UK based

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
sponge
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: irish music, specifically slow airs played on different whistle keys, also lower keyed flutes like Bb, but only from modern makers who have managed to get the hole spacing a little closer. And finally learning some fiddle tunes, mainly slow airs again so that the whole family don't go mad with the sound of a cat being strangled.

WTB Jon Sindt Bb and D whistles or others- UK based

Post by sponge »

Hi all,

I'm looking for decent whistles in Bb and C, particularly a Sindt or an Abell or Similar quality, UK purchase would be easier, send us a PM if your in the selling mood, and have a price in mind.

Thanks sponge
busterbill

Re: WTB Jon Sindt Bb and D whistles or others- UK based

Post by busterbill »

You may know that Jon Sindt is currently making whistles, and his list has shortened considerably. Though import tax may increase your price, his prices are very reasonable. sindtwhistle@aol.com
sponge
Tell us something.: irish music, specifically slow airs played on different whistle keys, also lower keyed flutes like Bb, but only from modern makers who have managed to get the hole spacing a little closer. And finally learning some fiddle tunes, mainly slow airs again so that the whole family don't go mad with the sound of a cat being strangled.

Post by sponge »

Cheers busterbill, the vat and duty comes out at 25 percent of the insured value, so a fair bit, and the stress of posting, not so much the usps, but the carrier this end is Parcelforce, or Parcelfarce as they are well known as, say no more, but I could tell a few stories about how bad they are......

but thanks for the info on Jons current production status

Sponge
busterbill

Post by busterbill »

Good luck!
pancelticpiper
Tell us something.: Playing Scottish and Irish music in California for 45 years.
These days many discussions are migrating to Facebook but I prefer the online chat forum format.

Post by pancelticpiper »

I've had good luck on the Used Instrument Exchange here picking up used Sindts, I bought them in D, C, B, Bb, and A for quite reasonable prices, and with no wait.

I see you've posted in the UIE, I hope people are able to come through for you like they did for me.

By the way it was so strange how at the very time I was purchasing a number of used Sindts for good prices people were complaining about the astronomical prices Sindts were going for.
Richard Cook
c1980 Quinn uilleann pipes
1945 Starck Highland pipes
Goldie Low D whistle
sponge

Post by sponge »

Hi pancelticpiper,

there have been some crazy prices on the Sindt used market of late, but with all things that have a waiting period, sellers can and do ask stupid money,
it's the same with Copelands, I have a silver high D, great whistle, I play it a bit, so when I see them up for sale at $600/$700/$800 plus, I have to laugh :lol: as I couldn't imagine selling mine for that or even consider buying one at those prices, they are nice whistle, but there not $800 nice, my Willy Simmons blackwood D was £300, pricey, but that is the sweetest most beautiful whistle I have ever owned, and Willy no longer makes them, if a Sindt is out there I'm sure it will surface,

all the best Sponge

nb, if you get a chance to play a Willy Simmons whistle, jump at it,