Shaw whistle alignment

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Flywhistler
antispam: No

Shaw whistle alignment

Post by Flywhistler »

I have a Shaw D whistle. The bottom three holes are twisted to the right so they are not in line with the top three holes. Has anyone else seen this on a Shaw whistle? It is not so bad that the whistle is unplayable, but it is visually noticable.
kkrell
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Re: Shaw whistle alignment

Post by kkrell »

The ones shown on the Hobgoblin site are all in-line, even the low D. They're esssentially 1-piece length conical whistles, so I can't see any reason for any of the holes to be offset.
International Traditional Music Society, Inc.
A non-profit 501c3 charity/educational public benefit corporation
Wooden Flute Obsession CDs (3 volumes, 6 discs, 7 hours, 120 players/tracks)
https://www.worldtrad.org
cavefish
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: been out of it for awhile and decided to start back up on the flute and whistle , been doing NAFs and saxophones

Re: Shaw whistle alignment

Post by cavefish »

shaws are cheaply made from the times i saw them , but the holes being off that is weird, there stamped out flat, show a picture
Choose you this day, whom ye shall serve