Is Freeman okay?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
thx712517
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've always been a string instrument player but I always wanted to learn bagpipes. My lips were too weak to form a seal. Lately I've been interested in wind instruments that are similar keys to the bagpipes.

Re: Is Freeman okay?

Post by thx712517 »

The original poster here, just wanted to chime in and say I received my whistle, a Mellow Dog in D. Sounds great, and the USPS box had a great briefing on covid-19 precautions that Freeman taped onto it that I followed to the letter.
Sedi
Tell us something.: Practice, practice, practice. You're never too old to learn.
Keep on fluting.
---u---o-o-o--o-o-o--
-----------------------

Post by Sedi »

Congrats on the new whistle! :)
An Draighean
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by An Draighean »

A follow up to my previous posts on this thread:

In yesterday's post, I was surprised to receive the B natural whistle I had ordered in January, but for which Jerry had refunded my money when I inquired. It is really nice; lovely tone, in tune, and it plays a really nice (to my ear) C natural (relative to D) with my preferred pipe fingering. Every bit as good as my 1975 Generation Bb.

Jerry's email address is on the sticker he added to the whistle, so I emailed him to ask about (re)payment, had a nice conversation with him, and subsequently paid him.

As has been said, during the last six months he has struggled with some health issues (he got better...) and has been volunteering full-time and then some with a group of local doctors treating COVID-19 patients.
Deartháir don phaidir an port.
Sedi
Tell us something.: Practice, practice, practice. You're never too old to learn.
Keep on fluting.
---u---o-o-o--o-o-o--
-----------------------

Post by Sedi »

Nice that it all worked out in the end. IMO Jerry is one of the good guys! I wish he'd come out with the whistle that he had planned for some time that should have been the essence of the vintage Generations. I'd have been all over that. I still hope he gets around to doing that, after the madness subsides.
Have fun with the whistle! :)
ecadre
Tell us something.: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post by ecadre »

jplee3 wrote: The Mellow Dog C/D set only comes with one fipple, which is intended to be swapped and used between both whistles. Ultimately, I'd like to purchase another fipple though. Maybe I should just go ahead and do that so I don't need to keep messing around with all the swapping. It's pretty annoying.

Any suggestions on where I could buy another fipple?
Best to contact Mr Freeman about that I would think. I suspect that a fipple wouldn't be much less than a whole whistle.

btw. From Jerry Freeman's comments on other threads, the Blackbird C is the same model as the Mellow Dog C. ie. there is no difference (apart from colours, and the vagaries of manufacture I suppose) between them.
eskin
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by eskin »

Jerry's been extremely busy the past several months helping with information about COVID-19 recovery protocols.

Please check his response in this thread:

https://thesession.org/discussions/45161
RoberTunes
Tell us something.: I am a flute, guitar, keyboard + whistle player learning about quality whistles, musical possibilities and playing techniques. I've recorded a CD of my own music and am creating music for kids.

Post by RoberTunes »

Ditto; it would be good if everyone read that latest response by Jerry Freeman. Much to appreciate there.
domwhistle
Tell us something.: I play the Whistle, Bodhran and Percussion in general. The information from these forums is of interest to me. Especially about whistles.

Post by domwhistle »

I notice that Freeman Whistles are no longer on eBay.
I hope Jerry is ok ... does anyone know?
Sedi
Keep on fluting.
---u---o-o-o--o-o-o--
-----------------------

Post by Sedi »

See above.