Treating whistler cabin fever

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
RoberTunes
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I am a flute, guitar, keyboard + whistle player learning about quality whistles, musical possibilities and playing techniques. I've recorded a CD of my own music and am creating music for kids.

Treating whistler cabin fever

Post by RoberTunes »

If you are practicing your social distancing, self-isolating, layed off or working from home, etc., and you've found out anything interesting about whistles, please post it, especially if it's funny, unique, needs more research, insightful or just plain shocking or loaded with layer upon layer of skill-testing balderdash it will take anyone to refute.

I wasn't reading the Sherlock Holmes stories, and "The Case of Two Whistles" led Holmes and Watson down PennyWhistle Lane, where, turning into the Corona Music Emporium, and shoving Lestrade out of the way who had a jaw harp up his nose, they looked into a glass case only to realize to their horror, another situation where two whistles by two different names might be just one whistle:
1) Walton's Little Black D whistle
2) Guinness Traditional Irish Black whistle in D

Later back at the isolation chamber, Sherlock said through his face mask and into the tin-can intercom to Watson, "Both are made by Walton. The only difference may be that the Little Black D has a black mouthpiece, while the Guinness has a white mouthpiece. Probably both require the exact same mold by the same employee. The ridges and design look the same. The tubes are both thin and spray painted black. The sound from both is a bright, chirpy, easy-playing. Sound samples on YouTube sound roughly identical." This case was closed before they opened it. Sherlock opened the next letter, from a Mr. Peabody, of Cops And Soccer Whistles Company. :poke:
Polara Pat
Tell us something.: In an effort to ease from lurker to forum member; I'm hoping that this elite gang of whistlers will help this very green player to advance to the next stage. My current stage is slightly below novice and is only permitted in the garage like the dog I am. Oh yah, not a robot.

Re: Treating whistler cabin fever

Post by Polara Pat »

I would watch that
Blower
Tell us something.: Whistling for 8 years after 40 year break from oboe, not enough puff for that anymore. Play gigs, sessions and for own amusement, though not cat's.

Post by Blower »

I don't think it's the whistle identification that's the problem, I think you've eaten the wrong mushrooms. :thumbsup:
RoberTunes
Tell us something.: I am a flute, guitar, keyboard + whistle player learning about quality whistles, musical possibilities and playing techniques. I've recorded a CD of my own music and am creating music for kids.

Post by RoberTunes »

Blower wrote:I don't think it's the whistle identification that's the problem, I think you've eaten the wrong mushrooms. :thumbsup:
It gets worse fast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgR98mUCrmg