Suspicious business practices from a seller.

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Katharine
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Something..............................................................................................

Re: Suspicious business practices from a seller.

Post by Katharine »

fatmac wrote:If I'm asked to use friends & family, I walk away.

It's obvious that there will be a fee to use a service provided by a company, whether internet or otherwise.
In addition, I might agree to split the fee, but not eat it myself. Paypal is for the convenience of the seller as much as the buyer. And, if the seller specifically asked me to use Paypal over another method, the fee is theirs.
Here's tae us--
Wha's like us?
Damn few--
And they're a' deid--
Mair's the pity.
gerardo1000

Post by gerardo1000 »

In my case, the seller wanted me to send a check for 5 dollars to this address...I do not understand why. Instead of simply asking me to send 5 more dollars to him through Pay Pal, and instead of "rejecting the Pay Pal payment".. (which by the way, is an option that does not exists). As an alternative to mail him a 5 dollars check, he wanted me to re-send the money with Pay Pal using the Friends and Family option, that offers no protection to buyers...
Besides, in addition to all these complications, he did not issued a refund to me for my "rejected Pay Pal" payment even if I asked him to do it three times, through three e-mail messages. I do not know if his business practices are fishy, or if he simply does not have a clue on how to deal with a potential buyer... what I know is that this experience costed me a lot of stress and time....
kkrell
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Post by kkrell »

It's always disappointing when a purchase does not go smoothly, consumes your time & causes emotional distress. While you don't have the item, you were at least made whole financially, so perhaps it is time to heal. I think this thread has informed & educated this community.
International Traditional Music Society, Inc.
A non-profit 501c3 charity/educational public benefit corporation
Wooden Flute Obsession CDs (3 volumes, 6 discs, 7 hours, 120 players/tracks)
https://www.worldtrad.org
benhall.1
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.
Location: Unimportant island off the great mainland of Europe

Post by benhall.1 »

kkrell wrote:It's always disappointing when a purchase does not go smoothly, consumes your time & causes emotional distress. While you don't have the item, you were at least made whole financially, so perhaps it is time to heal. I think this thread has informed & educated this community.
I fully concur. It's broadened my outlook and, if anything, made me even more tolerant of different perspectives on things than I was. Hmmm ... "even more tolerant" ... ? ... well, I do try to be tolerant ... doesn't always work ...

But yes, informative and educative thread. :thumbsup:
ytliek
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by ytliek »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: