Copeland Low D Whistle on Ebay

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
busterbill
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Copeland Low D Whistle on Ebay

Post by busterbill »

I am not the seller, but I do have one of these and can say they are amazing.
Wanderer

Re: Copeland Low D Whistle on Ebay

Post by Wanderer »

│& ¼║: ♪♪♫♪ ♫♪♫♪ :║
Loren
Tell us something.: You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free

Post by Loren »

I have two of these (not the seller though), nice instruments, haven’t heard any other low D’s that sound quite the same.

Judging by the serial number this should have the smaller windway opening on the driver’s end, so maybe a little more thrifty in the air consumption dept than the earlier ones, although I have both types and don’t notice a big difference.

Anyway, currently at a very fair price, assuming it plays as it should and the slide isn’t frozen. Somebody could end up with a great Low D whistle.
Chino

Post by Chino »

Some years ago, I sold 2 Copeland brass low whistles, a low F and a low D.

Those were the most beautiful low whistles I'd ever seen and owned, amazing look, like a saxophone, but the backpressure was too low for me, almost no resistance, so I sold them.

I contacted the seller of this low D, but she told me the backpressure was low... Once again.

I'd love to find a Copeland low D with strong backpressure, it's my holy grail...
Loren
Make a new plan, Stan
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
And get yourself free

Post by Loren »

You should consult Tim.
whistle1000

Post by whistle1000 »

Yeah, they are pretty much free blowing....zero back pressure I’ve felt...I traded mine, one I’d play for many year, because of the extreme taper on the lower hand....it becomes slightly “claw like”....a cylindrical bore is like having your fingers flat on a table...not so with that taper...it just became too uncomfortable for my lower hand...I traded it for an MK pro Low D and F and happy to have done so....Tried an MK once and was impressed by the backpressure..
Chino

Post by Chino »

Sold for 1200 USD! :o
whistle1000 wrote:Yeah, they are pretty much free blowing....zero back pressure I’ve felt...I traded mine, one I’d play for many year, because of the extreme taper on the lower hand....it becomes slightly “claw like”....a cylindrical bore is like having your fingers flat on a table...not so with that taper...it just became too uncomfortable for my lower hand...I traded it for an MK pro Low D and F and happy to have done so....Tried an MK once and was impressed by the backpressure..
Yes, the sound was great, the look was wonderful, but the low E on my MC Low D was very touchy, I couldn't "push" it, same thing for my Low F.
I sent it back to Michael, I wanted he reinforce the backpressure, he did, but it wasn't enough so eventually, I sold both my Low D and F.
Loren wrote:You should consult Tim.
Who's Tim?
Loren
Make a new plan, Stan
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
And get yourself free

Post by Loren »

Tim The Enchanter.

Don’t forget your Holy Hand Grenade.

And watch out for the Rabbit.
Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

Sold for $1200...too rich for my blood :D
Loren
Make a new plan, Stan
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
And get yourself free

Post by Loren »

Wanderer wrote:Sold for $1200...too rich for my blood :D

Seems about right price wise, $1200 was actually my guess at what it would bring. Now if it were listed here it probably wouldn’t even sell at $900, so even with the eBay and PayPal fee’s, the seller likely did better than listing on C&F.
Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

Loren wrote:
Wanderer wrote:Sold for $1200...too rich for my blood :D

Seems about right price wise, $1200 was actually my guess at what it would bring. Now if it were listed here it probably wouldn’t even sell at $900, so even with the eBay and PayPal fee’s, the seller likely did better than listing on C&F.
Oh, I agree...that's what the market's going for these days. But one can always hope to get lucky :D

I've been hanging onto a high D nickel Copeland for a few years now, waiting for the market to shift enough that it makes sense for me to sell it.
AngelicBeaver
Tell us something.: I've been playing whistles since 2010. I love how varied whistles are in their design, construction, tone, and handling. Though I've largely settled on what I enjoy playing, I'm still a sucker for an interesting new design.

Post by AngelicBeaver »

The last Copeland low D on eBay, listed earlier in January, got zero bids at $1000, then was relisted at $900, also no bids, then was relisted again at $900 before ending at $910 with two bids. It's all about who is watching at the time, I guess. I nearly bid the first time it was at $900, as it was about to close, but I just didn't have the money in the budget. I've been wanting to try a Copeland since I picked up the whistle in 2010, but $900 can buy a lot of very nice whistles.

Also, eBay offers financing options, so people can easily bid more than they have. Options are more limited on the used board here.
Nathaniel James Dowell
stiofan
Tell us something.: I've been a C&Fer since 2003. Currently playing wooden flute & (mainly low) whistles, along with the bowed dulcimer.

Post by stiofan »

Options are more limited on the used board here
True enough, but I for one trust the good people on C&F 100,000 times more than many anonymous and questionable sellers on Ebay. Not to mention Ebay's shady history in acquisitions/lawsuits. :boggle:
ytliek
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by ytliek »

stiofan wrote:
Options are more limited on the used board here
True enough, but I for one trust the good people on C&F 100,000 times more than many anonymous and questionable sellers on Ebay. Not to mention Ebay's shady history in acquisitions/lawsuits. :boggle:
I have to agree as I have appealed to sellers in the UIE expressing their decision to sell to Chiff members as very much appreciated. As a beginner I was able to acquire a quality instrument (collectors item) at a very reasonable price. C&F is a small community so valued instruments can remain with common interested people, rather than with outsiders who may be merely investing. If & when I decide to sell off or move on I'm planning to use the UIE option first... and hopefully to a sincere beginner.