Great Whistle Case from Alex DeWilde

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
busterbill
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Great Whistle Case from Alex DeWilde

Post by busterbill »

I ordered an nice maple case from Alex last week or so and received it just yesterday. It is a perfect fit for my C/D O'Roirdan whistle set. I had him make one of the slots to hold the D whistle where I customarily have the head pulled out to play in tune and it is a perfect fit.

I learn something every day from these threads. If it weren't for a posting regarding the suitability of a piccolo case for a whistle (doesn't work) I never would have gotten the info for Alex. My 20 year search for a nice hard case for these whistles has finally ended.

If I weren't such an idiot about posting pictures I'd put them here, but I did send Alex a couple. Perhaps he'll have time to put them up.

Thanks everyone who lead me to him!
kkrell
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Re: Great Whistle Case from Alex DeWilde

Post by kkrell »

You're welcome.

You can email me pictures & I can host & post them.
International Traditional Music Society, Inc.
A non-profit 501c3 charity/educational public benefit corporation
Wooden Flute Obsession CDs (3 volumes, 6 discs, 7 hours, 120 players/tracks)
https://www.worldtrad.org
ytliek
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by ytliek »

Yes, please do post some pictures of the case as I need to have the exact same case made for my PO D&C set. I know Alex's craftsmanship is quality.
kkrell
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Post by kkrell »

Low resolution pictures of the Hermit Hill presentation whistle case, by Alex DeWilde, as supplied to C&F member "busterbill".
http://www.hhfi.biz/products.html

International Traditional Music Society, Inc.
A non-profit 501c3 charity/educational public benefit corporation
Wooden Flute Obsession CDs (3 volumes, 6 discs, 7 hours, 120 players/tracks)
https://www.worldtrad.org
kkrell

Post by kkrell »

Seems to be a fine solution.
ytliek
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by ytliek »

Beautiful wooden case. :thumbsup:
busterbill

Post by busterbill »

I just realized I neglected to put in his contact info if anyone is interested: alex@hhfi.biz
Dreday
Tell us something.: I started playing recorders until I found Kerry whistles and fell in love with the tone, different sizes and low maintenance.1

Post by Dreday »

Alex also makes really great sounding and playing whistles! I had him make me a few. The last two where made completely out of stainless steel! High F and high G. Really wonderful!! The last one came with a velvet case made from an antique sewing machine.

I would post pics but not sure how to.