CP: Freeman Bluebirds are back!

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Jerry Freeman
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

CP: Freeman Bluebirds are back!

Post by Jerry Freeman »

The Bluebirds are back!

If you've been wanting one of these, please place your order. I have them complete and ready to ship. (I also have some urgent bills to pay and need your help so I very much appreciate the business.)

In 2014, Iarla McMahan won the under-12 All-Ireland Championship playing a Freeman Bluebird. After a long time of not offering Bluebirds, I've gone back and studied a few examples of my best Generation-based tweaked whistles (Bluebirds and tweaked Generations) to recreate the successful tweaking scheme. I'm pleased to announce the project is complete and I have these sought-after whistles available again.

In honor of Iarla's achievement, L.E. McCullough,1976 All Ireland Champion in new dance tunes composition, composed this double jig: "Freeman's Tweaked Bluebird," which he plays on his own Freeman tweaked Bluebird, which you can watch on YouTube through the link below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZ1wfYVRLsQ

They're available in D and Eb. There isn't yet a listing for the Eb Bluebirds so please let me know by message if that's the key you want to order.

Thanks and best wishes,
Jerry

https://www.ebay.com/itm/274202474783
You can purchase my whistles on eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/freemanwhistle ... pg=&_from=

or directly from me:

email jerry ("at") freemanwhistles ("dot") com or send a PM.
Thomaston

Re: CP: Freeman Bluebirds are back!

Post by Thomaston »

Great news! I gave mine to an interested sister-in-law several months ago, and missed it enough that I ended up buying a replacement from a member here. Your Bluebird is my favorite of all the whistles I’ve tested over the years (and the list is quite extensive).

Don’t overlook this, newbies!
squirrel

Post by squirrel »

As owner of a Bluebird whistle I highly recommend it.

If you like a pure, sweet sound this is a must have.
Sorry for my bad english...
JackJ
Tell us something.: A new tin whistle player, I'm eager to learn more from the collective wisdom of this group. While my playing could use lots of help, I'm especially eager to learn which recordings to listen to.

Post by JackJ »

I need another D whistle like I need another inch added to my waistline, but as a big fan of the Freeman whistles I already own, I'm tempted by this one.

How does it compare to the Blackbird in terms of both tone and how it responds? Curious what might be different about the mouthpieces and bodies.
Katharine
Tell us something.: Something..............................................................................................

Post by Katharine »

JackJ wrote:I need another D whistle like I need another inch added to my waistline, but as a big fan of the Freeman whistles I already own, I'm tempted by this one.

How does it compare to the Blackbird in terms of both tone and how it responds? Curious what might be different about the mouthpieces and bodies.
Seconded... I've found I like the sound of this whistle even though I already have two D whistles I like very well and was sad they're no longer made.
Here's tae us--
Wha's like us?
Damn few--
And they're a' deid--
Mair's the pity.
Thomaston

Post by Thomaston »

JackJ wrote:I need another D whistle like I need another inch added to my waistline, but as a big fan of the Freeman whistles I already own, I'm tempted by this one.

The Blackbird is a good whistle, but imho the Bluebird is subjectively better. When I gave away my Bluebird to my sis-in-law I replaced it with a Blackbird. Recently when I had the chance to buy a secondhand Bluebird I jumped on the chance, and gave my Blackbird to a student of mine.

Having said this, they are both very similar. Playing characteristics are identical as best as I can tell, but the Bluebird is more pure. The Blackbird is also pure sounding, but has more complexity or “chiff” to the tone. Which is pro to many, but a con for me since I prefer my whistles to be as pure sounding as possible.