Milligan quiet mouthpiece

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
davidbruce
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I am looking for a delrin flute, Rudall and Rose design, small holes. Hope someone from this site can help me.

Milligan quiet mouthpiece

Post by davidbruce »

I have been on Gene's website and I see that he now has an optional mouthpiece that he describes as quiet. Has anyone had any experience with this mouthpiece?

I wonder how quiet it is, and how this might impact on the sound quality.

I have been getting a lot of really great and insightful comments on another thread. This is a terrific site.
davidbruce
Tell us something.: I am looking for a delrin flute, Rudall and Rose design, small holes. Hope someone from this site can help me.

Re: Milligan quiet mouthpiece

Post by davidbruce »

I just found a review online. The reviewer said that the quiet mouthpiece is somewhat quieter than the session mouthpiece, but, in the end, not what one would call very quiet.
Tyler DelGregg
Tell us something.: Whistles are fun, whistles are charming, whistles sound nice, whistles are affordable, whistles make us smile, whistles make dogs bark, and whistles upset some neighbors.

Post by Tyler DelGregg »

The quiet Milligan high D I once owned played beautifully but it was still louder than my other whistles.
martinvh
Tell us something.: I am a flute player that has recently dabbled in whistles. A recent post in your forum about Milligan "quite" mouthpieces caught my eye, as I happen to have some experience with those, and I wanted to post a comment on that thread.

Post by martinvh »

I have a Milligan D whistle in Blackwood which I ordered with the quiet mouthpiece. For my taste, the upper end of the second octave was still a bit loud for me. I contacted Gene and he said he could make me a mouthpiece that was a bit quieter still, which I had him do, and I really like!

If you need to go quieter still, you might consider a Mack Hoover instrument.

I should mention that I'm primarily a flute player, and am an absolute novice at the whistle, so take my comments for what they're worth. This is my first post to the forum.