FS: Bleasey Low D

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
IDAwHOa
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

FS: Bleasey Low D

Post by IDAwHOa »

It is time to admit that I will not be playing this whistle any longer and that a new person needs to take over its ownership.

It is low D in Mopane. It has a rich, mellow tone that my wife likes..... she likes her flute better though.

New: $560

This one for $300. Shipping and insurance will be extra.

I am not interested in trades.

Replies to anidahofamily@centurylink.net please. I do not check PM's here.

Steven
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
IDAwHOa
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Re: FS: Bleasey Low D

Post by IDAwHOa »

Wife put the KABOSH on the sale of this whistle for now.
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
benhall.1
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.
Location: Unimportant island off the great mainland of Europe

Re: FS: Bleasey Low D

Post by benhall.1 »

IDAwHOa wrote:Wife put the KABOSH on the sale of this whistle for now.
Being someone who is intensely interested in words, I was interested in that spelling. I'm more used to "kibosh" and pronounced "kye-bosh" to rhyme with "sky nosh". I just looked up the word. I always assumed that it was from Indian Raj days, but I see that there is all sorts of speculation as to the origin of the term, and none of the suggested sources I can find is Indian. There's even a suggestion that it might be Irish in origin, which would be a surprise to me ...

Anyway, sorry for the hijack ...