A Christmas Miracle?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Wanderer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

A Christmas Miracle?

Post by Wanderer »

So, I got a package today from Dublin. I wasn't expecting a package from Dublin.

It had my name on it, and a phone number that I haven't used in 7 years. So, I opened it.

It was a whistle. I hadn't ordered a whistle. No note, no invoice, just a business card from the maker.

My brain was spinning. Was this an unsolicited sample for review? Did I spoil Christmas by opening a gift early that one of my family got for me? But you'd think a product sample would have a note, and you'd think if someone in the house bought it for me, it'd have their name on it, not mine.

Turns out, it was a Secret Santa gift on another message board I'm on (non-irish music related). I didn't suspect it was a secret santa gift, because the purchase limit is supposed to be $50. But it was...

So, now I'm the proud owner of a new McNeela Setanta whistle! :D

It's a pretty decent instrument. It's got some of the features I look for in a whistle: Loud, decent back pressure, in tune, very fast action. (I know some of those features will turn others off..but they're what I like). It's a great surprise!
│& ¼║: ♪♪♫♪ ♫♪♫♪ :║
fatmac
Tell us something.: Kickbiker - at over 70!
:lol:

Re: A Christmas Miracle?

Post by fatmac »

Lucky you! :D
Keith.
Trying to do justice to my various musical instruments.
Polara Pat
Tell us something.: In an effort to ease from lurker to forum member; I'm hoping that this elite gang of whistlers will help this very green player to advance to the next stage. My current stage is slightly below novice and is only permitted in the garage like the dog I am. Oh yah, not a robot.

Post by Polara Pat »

How about a random review you lucky duck
TheWanderer
Tell us something.: I'm in the process of buying some alto and low whistles. I already have a number of different instruments, but want to add to the array. I might even add a traditional flute too, such as a xiao or quenacho.

Post by TheWanderer »

Congratulations!

Is it my eyes, or does the tube extend into the window...? Tell us more, please.
Steve Bliven

Post by Steve Bliven »

TheWanderer wrote:Is it my eyes, or does the tube extend into the window...? Tell us more, please.
Not all that uncommon. See MK or Reyburn whistles for similar set-up.

Best wishes.

Steve
Live your life so that, if it was a book, Florida would ban it.
TheWanderer
Tell us something.: I'm in the process of buying some alto and low whistles. I already have a number of different instruments, but want to add to the array. I might even add a traditional flute too, such as a xiao or quenacho.

Post by TheWanderer »

Thanks Steve. I'm still very new to this.
Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

Yup...the tube extends into the window and is turned down into the ramp at the end.

I'll write up a review on the whistle when I've spent some more time with it. :D
│& ¼║: ♪♪♫♪ ♫♪♫♪ :║