Is it OK to Post a link to your (one's) music?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Tom Dowling
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Well, I've been a contributor and visitor to this site since 2001. At one time or another, one of my photographs was the opening page photograph. My teacher was Bill Ochs. I play the Penny Whistle. Not a lot else to say.

Is it OK to Post a link to your (one's) music?

Post by Tom Dowling »

Hello Board & Administrators:

A while back I inadvertently posted an inquiry that veered into an area that was not appropriate for the board. (It pertained to some hand problems I was having--no more of that.)

A friend and I recently released an album on 12 original songs that are not 'pure drop' in nature but do feature a variety of whistles in a 'nontraditional' context. I think it is a good album and would like to post a link to it as it appears on one or more digital platforms.

I do not want to repeat my prior error of posting something that I should not post. I have been a member since, roughly, 2001, though my interests have not had me back here a lot in the last few years.

If the guidelines are posted somewhere, could someone please direct me to them?

Thank you,

Tom Dowling
Last edited by Tom Dowling on Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Re: IS IT OK TO POST A LINK TO YOUR MUSIC?

Post by Nanohedron »

Tom Dowling wrote:A friend and I recently released an album on 12 original songs that are not 'pure drop' in nature but do feature a variety of whistles in a 'nontraditional' context. I think it is a good album and would like to post a link to it as it appears on one or more digital platforms.
Trad is not the driving force of the Whistle Forum, just its most popular context. This has nothing to do with rules, but member interest. The main thing about the Whistle Forum is whistles. Posts here have covered Kwela, Skiffle, devotional, Jazz, Classical, what have you.

You are good to go.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
Tom Dowling
Tell us something.: Well, I've been a contributor and visitor to this site since 2001. At one time or another, one of my photographs was the opening page photograph. My teacher was Bill Ochs. I play the Penny Whistle. Not a lot else to say.

Re: Is it OK to Post a link to your (one's) music?

Post by Tom Dowling »

Thank you. I found the Announcements and the policies contained therein. I did see the STYLE suggestion and got rid of the all caps in the subject line.

So, at this time the album in on CD Baby and I-Tunes. There are whistles on every track and it is original stuff. I would like to post a link to the two platforms it is currently on.

Thank you,

Tom Dowling
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Post by Nanohedron »

Tom Dowling wrote:Thank you. I found the Announcements and the policies contained therein. I did see the STYLE suggestion and got rid of the all caps in the subject line.
That was good of you. Much appreciated.
Tom Dowling wrote:So, at this time the album in on CD Baby and I-Tunes. There are whistles on every track and it is original stuff. I would like to post a link to the two platforms it is currently on.
As I said, you're good to go. Post away. :)
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

Tom Dowling wrote:A while back I inadvertently posted an inquiry that veered into an area that was not appropriate for the board. (It pertained to some hand problems I was having--no more of that.)
We do have rules about that, but posting about a physical issue isn't the problem; offering medical advice is. Once advice ventures beyond the palliative - ice packs, stretches, go see a doctor - then there's a violation. We include any advice that is prescriptive, so even recommending NSAIDs is risky ground. I hope that's clearer, now.

If you are going to offer prescriptive advice, you must do so via PM or email. Needless to say, C&F does not endorse any such communications or their content. Caveat Emptor.