Whistle Repair

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Mr.Gumby
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Re: Whistle Repair

Post by Mr.Gumby »

And FWIW, a D Gen tube fitting a D Sindt is not a particularly useful solution to the OP's problem.
Why?
Because the OP's whistle is a Sindt C?
My brain hurts

Sedi
Tell us something.: Practice, practice, practice. You're never too old to learn.
Keep on fluting.
---u---o-o-o--o-o-o--
-----------------------

Post by Sedi »

D'oh :oops:
raindog1970
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by raindog1970 »

I assume John uses 9/16" OD tubing for his C whistles, but I've never had the opportunity to measure one. If so, a Generation, Feadog, or Oak C tube could be persuaded to fit with about the same amount of elbow grease and determination that's necessary for the D tube modification.
Regards,
Gary Humphrey

♪♣♫Humphrey Whistles♫♣♪

[Raindogs] The ones you see wanderin' around after a rain. Ones that can't find their way back home. See the rain washes off the scent off all the mail boxes and the lamposts, fire hydrants. – Tom Waits
oleorezinator
Tell us something.: I love uilleann pipes I love tin whistles I love flutes I love irish music I love concertinas I love bodhrans

Post by oleorezinator »

raindog1970 wrote:I assume John uses 9/16" OD tubing for his C whistles, but I've never had the opportunity to measure one. If so, a Generation, Feadog, or Oak C tube could be persuaded to fit with about the same amount of elbow grease and determination that's necessary for the D tube modification.
9/16” .014 wall thickness
Information is not knowledge.
Knowledge is not wisdom.
Wisdom is not truth.
Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love.
Love is not music. Music is the best.
- Frank Zappa
busterbill

Post by busterbill »

Sharonpynemusic wrote:I have a Sindt C whistle that got flatted a bit Do you know anyone that could fix it??
Hi, I am just curious if you have solved your problem. If so I hope it went well.