It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:14 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:44 am 

I posted these over in the UIE

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:18 am 

I realize it is not easy to offer something for something as, naturally, everyone wants to pay the least amount possible...it is only fair for me to put a value on this whistle. Based on what it is and what I paid for it, I figure it is worth $300 US. Thanks!.... Oops! I thought I had another thread for the Sindts...based on what they are and what I have seen the sell for, I figure $650 US for the A/Bb set is fair and the old style C should be worth 300 US. I am not trying to get rich here, I just really want a practice set...I’d rather do a trade tbh.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:38 am 

So after having some chats with members and local players...one even saying that John’s waiting list is only 2 months...I have come to realize that I may be a little “greedy” in pricing the Sindts....greed is not really part of my personality tbh....I, after a few pints mind you, offered these at a lower price to a local player....he wants them badly but hasn’t the expendable cash atm....I even offered him a payment plan, still not in his current budget. ...I like him and he is a good guy :) after some soul searching, I’ve decided it only fair to offer them here at a lower price....I will now take $400USD for the A/Bb set and $200 for the old style C...a very fair price if you ask me....I have seen individual A and Bb Sindts sell for $800USD....If I even get a suspicion that one would buy these for resale for profit, I will not sell th that member....I’ve been around this site long enough to get a sense of the members.....message me if interested

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:50 am 

Already have the Sindts, but, just wanted to say you adjusted $ quite fairly and that is a rarity these days. Too many rumors and greedy folks exist. Good luck with it all. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:38 pm 

Thank you for your kind word ytliek :) All whistles have a new home now.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:47 pm 

I was intrigued by the Goldie Bass A because I've never held or played one.

But I have an Alba Bass A that I love, so I'm glad the Goldie found a good home.

Goldie Low D whistle

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:32 am 

Hi Richard, the Bass A is near impossible to play....the stretch between A-G and E-D is just too much....always meant to add keys but after trying a friend’s keyed Susato, Decided against it....you may be amused by who bought it... through a middle man mind you. All the besht!