Chris Wall

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Polara Pat
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: In an effort to ease from lurker to forum member; I'm hoping that this elite gang of whistlers will help this very green player to advance to the next stage. My current stage is slightly below novice and is only permitted in the garage like the dog I am. Oh yah, not a robot.

Chris Wall

Post by Polara Pat »

Does Chris Wall have a website or just ebay and Etsy? I'd like to see everything he offers and also, it's nice to buy direct from the maker. Are people here liking his brass high D? It's almost my birthday and I feel like treating myself to a new whistle. Selfish, I know.
jimhanks
Tell us something.: I play lots of instruments including several wind instruments like recorder and Native American flutes. I'm looking to expand my horizons and learn more about whistles, especially wooden ones.

Re: Chris Wall

Post by jimhanks »

No website that I've seen and he may be booked up through Christmas based on last correspondence after his "sale" a few months ago.
Last edited by jimhanks on Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Polara Pat
Tell us something.: In an effort to ease from lurker to forum member; I'm hoping that this elite gang of whistlers will help this very green player to advance to the next stage. My current stage is slightly below novice and is only permitted in the garage like the dog I am. Oh yah, not a robot.

Post by Polara Pat »

jimhanks wrote:No website that you I've seen and he may be booked up through Christmas based on last correspondence after his "sale" a few months ago.
I missed the sale??? Still might be worth contacting him. Seems odd to not have a web site of any kind. Sounds like I need to learn the secret handshake.
busterbill

Post by busterbill »

I just googled Chis Wall whistle buy and got a link to a pre-order ebay listing.
Polara Pat

Post by Polara Pat »

busterbill wrote:I just googled Chis Wall whistle buy and got a link to a pre-order ebay listing.
I saw lots of ebay listings as well. What I wanted to see was his whole inventory, maybe some history or back story on his whistles and flutes etc.

Also reviews from members here. I know CW whistles have been discussed in the past.
Polara Pat

Post by Polara Pat »

Tunable or non-tunable? Apologies if this horse has been over flogged but I just started reading about his Chris wall whistles and I'm intrigued.
Sedi
Tell us something.: Practice, practice, practice. You're never too old to learn.
Keep on fluting.
---u---o-o-o--o-o-o--
-----------------------

Post by Sedi »

Polara Pat

Post by Polara Pat »

Whistle has been ordered. Maybe I'm just a bit old school but it seems like a frosty way of conducting business. Mind you I still have a land line and like talking to people in person. What a weird-o.
Steve Bliven

Post by Steve Bliven »

Old school to me is going to a place of business and trying things out. This mail-order stuff is too remote for me. But then, maybe I've just reached that level of ancientitis where buying things with bytes is too confusing.

Best wishes.

Steve
Live your life so that, if it was a book, Florida would ban it.
fatmac
Tell us something.: Kickbiker - at over 70!
:lol:

Post by fatmac »

The problem these days is a distinct lack of physical music stores, one just has to buy online, or go without.
Keith.
Trying to do justice to my various musical instruments.
busterbill

Post by busterbill »

Polara Pat wrote:Whistle has been ordered. Maybe I'm just a bit old school but it seems like a frosty way of conducting business. Mind you I still have a land line and like talking to people in person. What a weird-o.
Even in an eBay listing you can "Contact Seller" and hash things out with messages within eBay. And I would think, within the small niche of the Irish Whistle community there may be a willingness to share a phone number.

I hope you enjoy your whistle. :D
jimhanks
Tell us something.: I play lots of instruments including several wind instruments like recorder and Native American flutes. I'm looking to expand my horizons and learn more about whistles, especially wooden ones.

Post by jimhanks »

Polara Pat wrote:Maybe I'm just a bit old school but it seems like a frosty way of conducting business.
From my dealings with him, he has all the business he can personally handle, which is maybe why he hasn't promoted harder. When I said "sale" what I meant was "get on the list for guaranteed holiday delivery" - and this was in June I think. :-? He did have an incentive for multiple whistles so I went in for 3.
Polara Pat

Post by Polara Pat »

I did eventually have a great back and forth with him and he seems like a solid guy. I just like reading a bit of backstory before committing to something like this. He squeaked me into the next run. I'm looking forward to trying it out.