Searching for tune

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Chuck_Clark
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Searching for tune

Post by Chuck_Clark »

Does anybody recall a tune written to honor the Shuttle Clallenger disaster, the name was Dallas Skies?

Have not thought if this in several years, as I recall it was a beautiful, haunting tune that Id like to reconnect with.

Thanks
Mr.Gumby
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Re: Searching for tune

Post by Mr.Gumby »

Beth sold a miniature concertina on concertina.net more or less recently. You can find a means of contact through there, albeit in a roundabout way. She may still have the original sheetmusic or recording somewhere.
My brain hurts

colomon
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Whistle player, aspiring C#/D accordion and flute player, and aspiring tunesmith. Particularly interested in the music of South Sligo and Newfoundland. Inspired by the music of Peter Horan, Fred Finn, Rufus Guinchard, Emile Benoit, and Liz Carroll.

I've got some compositions up at http://www.harmonyware.com/tunes/SolsTunes.html

Post by colomon »

Did a Google search on "beth tune Dallas Skies" (no quotes in actual search) and found two prior C&F threads, including an MP3 posted by the composer. Unfortunately my attempt to link those threads here did not go well, not sure what is up.

Edited to add: Though NONE of the links to the tune on either thread seem to work anymore? Sigh.
Last edited by colomon on Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sol's Tunes (new tune 2/2020)
Chuck_Clark
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Chuck_Clark »

Yes, I found those too. It appears that the site she used to host stuff no longer has the account used

It WAS 15 years ago
I.h
Its Winter - Gotta learn to play the blues