Low G

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Frizzygirl
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I am learning how to play Irish Whistles. I have 3 high D's and 1 Low D made in the U.S.A by theirishwhistle which is polycarbonate.

Low G

Post by Frizzygirl »

I am looking to buy a low G either 2nd hand or new, medium price range. Any thoughts? Opinions on the Chieftan Thunderbird? What G's do you have?
Sedi
Tell us something.: Practice, practice, practice. You're never too old to learn.
Keep on fluting.
---u---o-o-o--o-o-o--
-----------------------

Re: Low G

Post by Sedi »

I have the Tony Dixon trad G and alloy model. Both take very little air and some breath control. But I like them. Sound is very nice and not loud. I also got the Shearwater alto G which has a purer sound than the Dixons and is a bit easier to play. I preferred the Shearwater at first but now I like the Dixons more - especially the trad because of the breathy sound.
fatmac
Tell us something.: Kickbiker - at over 70!
:lol:

Post by fatmac »

I only have one low 'G', it's a TD Trad brass, nice enough whistle, good tone.

But I have 3 'A's (TD Trad/TD Aluminium/Thunderbird) & an 'F' (Shearwater), & find I like them better. :)

In fact, I find my low 'F' is my 'go to' for low, even though I have low 'D's, & my 'A's are my regular players.
Keith.
Trying to do justice to my various musical instruments.
Frizzygirl
Tell us something.: I am learning how to play Irish Whistles. I have 3 high D's and 1 Low D made in the U.S.A by theirishwhistle which is polycarbonate.

Post by Frizzygirl »

Thanks! :thumbsup: Does anyone have Chieftan Thunderbird G and how does it compare with say Shearwater or Dixon G?