New E-Natural Whistle Design in Action!

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
MadmanWithaWhistle
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Instrument maker and researcher exploring new methods of creating traditional instruments with longevity aforethought. Player of the whistle, flute, and continental European border pipes.

New E-Natural Whistle Design in Action!

Post by MadmanWithaWhistle »

I finished a new design for a high E natural whistle a while back, and gave it a try in a little group performance. The Dnat position is a little out, and generally tuning needs a bit of work, but I blame the drill press's wobble. Using the milling machine next time for sure! My goal was to create a sweet whistle with a big, round low octave and a sweet high octave that was tolerable at close range. This was a nice test to see how it mixed with other instruments, and a great set! I think I first heard "Road to Errogie" on a clip MTGuru recorded for a Jerry Freeman whistle...

https://youtu.be/dxzW4uGJ6iU
LisaD
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: New E-Natural Whistle Design in Action!

Post by LisaD »

Nice work on the E-whistle ... sounds lovely!
ytliek
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by ytliek »

Great sound and whistle did hold up well with the other instruments.
MadmanWithaWhistle
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Instrument maker and researcher exploring new methods of creating traditional instruments with longevity aforethought. Player of the whistle, flute, and continental European border pipes.

Post by MadmanWithaWhistle »

Thanks folks! I have a new airblade design I will likely add to this that will make the low octave have more presence.