In appreciation...

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
jiminos
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

In appreciation...

Post by jiminos »

... it’s a sunny, quiet day here at the farm. Chores are done. The things that are broken can wait another day. It’s not often that I get the chance to spend an entire afternoon playing my whistles. Today has been one of those days.

I grabbed my whistle bag and plopped down at the table for a bit of tooting. Now, a couple hours later, I find that I need to say thank you to Carey Parks for his amazing Bb walk about, and to George Kelichek for his equally amazing Small bore Kildare Bb. Both are simply wonderful, and have given me a wonderful afternoon.

Gentlemen, thank you.
Jim

the truth is not lost.
do not search for it.
accept it.
Tyler DelGregg
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Whistles are fun, whistles are charming, whistles sound nice, whistles are affordable, whistles make us smile, whistles make dogs bark, and whistles upset some neighbors.

Re: In appreciation...

Post by Tyler DelGregg »

What you say is very true. Most nights, I wind down by playing various whistles and feel thankful at how nice they are at such a relatively low price. Even my expensive Burke is a steal compared to a lot of brass instruments, and the mid-priced Freemans are incredibly beautiful. I'm sure many of us feel the same way about the various brands. Too, there is the $12 Generation Bb that is quite amazing. Many of you have older whistles from the 80s and 70s that just can't be replaced.
Sedi
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Practice, practice, practice. You're never too old to learn.
Keep on fluting.
---u---o-o-o--o-o-o--
-----------------------

Re: In appreciation...

Post by Sedi »

:thumbsup: IMO Parks whistles are underrated. I have the "Ghost" and it is just lovely. Best plastic whistle I played so far. I wonder why I don't see them being played more often.