need books with added tablature to the standard notation.

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
maiingan
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Hi;
I have an Oak high D, Generation Bb, Dixon Alto A, Tilbury Low G, Humphrey low F and a Howard low D.

need books with added tablature to the standard notation.

Post by maiingan »

I played the clarinet many decades ago and could read music then but not now. I recently pulled out my old oak penny whistle I bought in college. I sound just like I did when I first started the clarinet :lol: Can anyone say a parrot being strangled? I know I'll get better with practice. No place here for lessons and I couldn't afford them right now anyway.
I am looking for some music books, song books that have added tin whistle tablature to the standard notation on all the songs. I do plan to learn to read music again but I want to be able to play some songs (maybe without a lot of high notes). I found a used Irish Songs for Tin Whistle by Thomas Balinger. And The Tin Whistle Song Book With Letter Notes by Martin Dardis. The second is Europe though and I'm in the states. It is Price €20 I'm assuming thats euros?
I have found other tin whistle books but they don't say if they have the finger tabs under the notes on all the songs. Does anyone have any suggestions on books with finger tabs?
Thanks;

Pat
Stay safe and hopefully healthy;

Patti
et succendam sibilus (blow the whistle) :thumbsup:
tstermitz

Re: need books with added tablature to the standard notati

Post by tstermitz »

Try https://thesession.org/tunes/search?type=&mode=&q=

That link provides a search window into all the tunes on the site, ordered by popularity. Select Jigs or Reels, or whatever, and just start at the top. You have the choice of "dots" or "abcs". ABCs are not hard to read, but you'll recover your reading skills soon enough.

Also, for building your whistle skills, see this website from Brother Steve (Siamh, on this site and TheSession). It is both concise and complete:
https://www.rogermillington.com/siamsa/brosteve/
Tor

Post by Tor »

maiingan wrote:Price €20 I'm assuming thats euros?
Yes, that's euros.
an seanduine

Post by an seanduine »

MuseScore has a tin whistle tab add-on.

Bob
Not everything you can count, counts. And not everything that counts, can be counted

The Expert's Mind has few possibilities.
The Beginner's mind has endless possibilities.
Shunryu Suzuki, Roshi
ytliek
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by ytliek »

Look up at the top of this whistle forum for Whistle Instruction as there are several books listed for learning.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=108161