Tour My Low D Copper?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Aaronhall1980
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I make copper whistles and flutes. Here for tweaking and improvement advice. I would like the community to try my whistles.

Tour My Low D Copper?

Post by Aaronhall1980 »

Anyone interested in sending this homemade copper low D around the block? I would love feedback on it. I eventually want to produce these in any whistle key. I live in Alaska and have made 3 whistles out of copper and one flute low and high D. I have learned a lot this year about whistle and flute making and would love to see if anyone can try and see if there is more to do with this (other than clubbing a robber)https://aaronhall1980.tumblr.com/post/1 ... er-whistle I know it could use brass lacquer instead of automotive clear coat to hold a mirror shine instead of 1500 grit brushed look but it wont tarnish. the fipple block is Osage Orange and I didnt have silk thread to use for the tuning head so I used some cotton. Thanks Everybody!!! :thumbsup:
trill

Re: Tour My Low D Copper?

Post by trill »

Greetings !

I'd be happy to help !

I'm a great fan of whistle tours :) .

trill
benhall.1
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.
Location: Unimportant island off the great mainland of Europe

Re: Tour My Low D Copper?

Post by benhall.1 »

trill wrote:I'm a great fan of whistle tours :) .
I used to like them. And, if it weren't for the distances involved, I'd love to help. I got put off tours a while back - can't remember which whistle it was, but it got to me alright, and also to the person after me, but, somewhere along the line after that, it disappeared and, even though my chunk of the chain was intact, I still felt guilty, somehow.

Annyhoo ...

Best of luck with it! :)