DIAGRAM OF MICHAEL BURKE DOUBE O-RING & CLEANING INSTRUCTION

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Tom Dowling
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Well, I've been a contributor and visitor to this site since 2001. At one time or another, one of my photographs was the opening page photograph. My teacher was Bill Ochs. I play the Penny Whistle. Not a lot else to say.

DIAGRAM OF MICHAEL BURKE DOUBE O-RING & CLEANING INSTRUCTION

Post by Tom Dowling »

I will admit to a sloppy record retention weakness. I am trading a really fine Michael Burke whistle in a key that I do not use for a whistle of, I hope, comparable quality, in a key that I do use. I want the person with whom I am doing this trade to have the diagram/instruction sheet that Michael sends with each of his fine instruments. I have at least a dozen of his fine whistles and cannot locate ONE such diagram. He is on vacation for a day or two more, per his website. If a fellow Chiff & Fippler could scan one such page and get it to me by electronic means, I would be most appreciative. My main concern is that, as I recall, one O Ring pertains to the tunable part of the head and the other O Ring is NOT to be fooled with. I just want to make sure that the recipient of the whistle has the benefit of the diagram and does no damage it upon receipt. My option here is to tear the place apart looking for one such diagram. I would rather not have to do that. To be sure, within five minutes of receiving the hoped for PDF, I am sure to come across one of my several such sheets. That is the way of things.

Thanks,

Tom Dowling
kkrell
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Re: DIAGRAM OF MICHAEL BURKE DOUBE O-RING & CLEANING INSTRUC

Post by kkrell »

Tom,
Here's a link I posted in response to a previous request:

Care document (.PDF, but viewable here):
https://app.box.com/s/4l7cb9k0rn
International Traditional Music Society, Inc.
A non-profit 501c3 charity/educational public benefit corporation
Wooden Flute Obsession CDs (3 volumes, 6 discs, 7 hours, 120 players/tracks)
https://www.worldtrad.org
Tom Dowling
Tell us something.: Well, I've been a contributor and visitor to this site since 2001. At one time or another, one of my photographs was the opening page photograph. My teacher was Bill Ochs. I play the Penny Whistle. Not a lot else to say.

Post by Tom Dowling »

Thank you for that link. That page sure looks like the dozen or so that are squirreled away here somewhere. I will be able to send the whistle out with a lighter heart.

Again, my thanks,

Tom Dowling
LI Whistler

Post by LI Whistler »

You beat me to it, kkrell. I had once also scanned in my paper sheet and sent to Burke's with suggestion they put it on their web site . Don't know if they did.
Tom Dowling

Post by Tom Dowling »

Hello LI Whistler:

Thank you for your good intentions and willingness to assist me with that request.

Be Well,

Tom Dowling
(a Brooklyn Whistler)