FS copeland Eb and overton blue E

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
delphin
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: have always loved music, and was entranced the first time i heard a tin whistle. love Dale's sense of humor on this site. i'm a jeweler/ craftswoman/ daughter/ sister/ aunt. not necessarily in that order. : )

FS copeland Eb and overton blue E

Post by delphin »

i've been doing some thinking, and decided it's time to face that i have a few whistles that are out of my league and deserve a new home. to be honest, before this week i hadn't picked any of my whistles up in literally more than a year. i bought these around 20 years ago from the makers, and have rarely played them. embarrassingly enough, it had been so long, in my mind i was sure the brass Copeland was a high D, when it is an Eb. so much for that steel trap of a memory. i've not really posted here much, though i do read topics from time to time, but the last 10 years that's been pretty rare. i was here a lot in my early 20s when i bought all my whistles, but as i realized my musical limitations i came a bit less frequently. these are beautiful whistles and i hope someone here will cherish them as i have.

i have a nickel silver Copeland Eb number 2254 and am asking $650 including US shipping, outside US we would have to see what it would cost, maybe we'd split it if it was too high. the Eb engraving is in block print, not script. the whistle is lovely, and exactly as it was when i bought it from Michael at the time. the tuning slide moves easily.

the overton blue is an E, not Eb, and is great, not tune-able, made by Colin Goldie around when he started anodizing his whistles. it has a couple blemishes that were there when it was made, in the pic below, and one that i only noticed when turning it in bright light. you can't feel either flaw and i couldn't get the second to show in the photos, it's just a tiny slight color difference on the left side of the top below the mouth piece. Colin is making great whistles still, but not anodizing them right now, so it's not available new. i think with the shipping the tuneable ones run close to $300, so i'm asking $200 for this one. again, US shipping included, outside US we could talk about. the black padded soft case it came in is perhaps a touch faded from the time but otherwise as it was new.

i also have a brass Copeland Eb, no number on the back, and the key isn't engraved in the front. i never polished it, so it has some patina. i bought it from Michael Copeland about 20 years ago. it's a lovely whistle, a little shorter than her nickel silver sister. the tuning slide moves fine, i hadn't moved it in all these years, so i opened it a bit for the pic to show it can. i'm asking $500 for this one. it's a beautiful instrument, and just as it was when i received it, apart from the patina.

i'm happy to answer any question i can, i tried to be fair to all on the prices while unable to find any matches that had sold recently and am sure you'll let me know if i'm off base. i can add more pics if wanted, and can handle paypal or square if you prefer, or am fine with a personal check. it's hard to let these whistles go, and if they don't find new homes i will continue to cherish them. hope you all have a great day,

thank you,
elisabeth baerreis
delphin
Tell us something.: have always loved music, and was entranced the first time i heard a tin whistle. love Dale's sense of humor on this site. i'm a jeweler/ craftswoman/ daughter/ sister/ aunt. not necessarily in that order. : )

Re: FS copeland Eb and overton blue E

Post by delphin »

the nickel silver Eb is sold

the brass Eb and anodized E are still available, thanks
delphin

Post by delphin »

the copeland brass Eb is sold also, thanks
delphin

Post by delphin »

blue overton E made by Colin Goldie still available, thanks
delphin

Post by delphin »

am open to offers on the Overton E, it's a lovely whistle
delphin

Post by delphin »

in answer to some questions i've received, this is a high E, nontunable, i bought it directly from Colin Goldie around 20 years ago. the whistle is about 10 1/2" long, the inner diameter of the bore is a bit under 1/2". i know there's at least one other blue high E out there, since he made two and let me pick between them :)
pancelticpiper
Tell us something.: Playing Scottish and Irish music in California for 45 years.
These days many discussions are migrating to Facebook but I prefer the online chat forum format.

Post by pancelticpiper »

If it was a Low E I would really want it!

I need a good Low E. And what could be more cool than a Goldie in blue?

But I just don't need a high E.
Richard Cook
c1980 Quinn uilleann pipes
1945 Starck Highland pipes
Goldie Low D whistle
delphin

Post by delphin »

thanks everyone, all these whistles have found new homes. mods please feel free to move this to old and sold :) thanks again