Happy St Paddy's

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
michaelpthompson
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I have played whistles and flutes for many years, but I am looking to get more serious with it. I mostly play Irish traditional music, but I want to expand into native american as well.

Re: Happy St Paddy's

Post by michaelpthompson »

I have an Irish pub band, with whom I play mandolin, bodhran, and sing. We had a gig on Thursday the 14th, and three each Saturday and Sunday. Had a lot of fun, drank a few (yes, only a few) pints of Guinness and a dram or two. Took the day after off work (as usual) and rested up. I may be getting too old for this. :party:
Cheers!

Michael
Living the Rainbow Life!
pancelticpiper
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Playing Scottish and Irish music in California for 45 years.
These days many discussions are migrating to Facebook but I prefer the online chat forum format.

Re: Happy St Paddy's

Post by pancelticpiper »

St Pat's is for pipers like Christmas is for choral groups and brass players: the Season Of Gigs!

There was a nice article in a local paper a while back about a couple who have a choral group, and about how hectic the days leading up to Christmas are for them, and how they've worked every Christmas Day for decades.

"You even work on Christmas Day??" the reporter asked.

The vocalist responded, "Nobody wants Carolers on December 26th."

And nobody wants bagpipes on March 18th.
Richard Cook
c1980 Quinn uilleann pipes
1945 Starck Highland pipes
Goldie Low D whistle