WTB High F whistle

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
sponge
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: irish music, specifically slow airs played on different whistle keys, also lower keyed flutes like Bb, but only from modern makers who have managed to get the hole spacing a little closer. And finally learning some fiddle tunes, mainly slow airs again so that the whole family don't go mad with the sound of a cat being strangled.

WTB High F whistle

Post by sponge »

Hi all, I know rare weird key, but I'm after a high F, I have an old brass one with lead / pewter fipple block, which I have reworked in cedar, so no poisoning issues, but due to its age the blade is mullered, or those not from the UK, it's blunted and has serious cuts and gouges with won't or can't be reworked, so if you have a decent high F and want to sell let me know, I have a budget of £300 ish

Cheers Sponge,
fatmac
Tell us something.: Kickbiker - at over 70!
:lol:

Re: WTB High F whistle

Post by fatmac »

This will likely sound daft to you, but, have you tried the Generations, I quite like mine, although I don't really like anything higher than a 'C' normally, it just seems to play without hassle. :)
Keith.
Trying to do justice to my various musical instruments.
sponge
Tell us something.: irish music, specifically slow airs played on different whistle keys, also lower keyed flutes like Bb, but only from modern makers who have managed to get the hole spacing a little closer. And finally learning some fiddle tunes, mainly slow airs again so that the whole family don't go mad with the sound of a cat being strangled.

Post by sponge »

Hi fatmac,

I was looking for something a bit more refined for recording with, just seen Susato do a high F, I have a Susato high D, which is very different sounding than most high D whistles, or I should say
more of a distinctive sound, so maybe that would fit and save me some money over a custom wooden one, I know Chris Abell does a blackwood high F, which was the sort of thing I was after, as wood tends
to be a little more mellowing.

thanks for the suggestion though

sponge
whistlecollector

Post by whistlecollector »

I don't know how they'd be for recording, but since you've already shown an interest in the more elderly whistles, I've a couple elderly whistles in f, one in litho'd tin with wood block and another in tin with metal mouthpiece.

PM me if either strikes your fancy.
-- A tin whistle a day keeps the racketts at bay.

-- WhOAD Survivor No. 11373
fatmac
Tell us something.: Kickbiker - at over 70!
:lol:

Post by fatmac »

sponge wrote:Hi fatmac,
thanks for the suggestion though

sponge
No problem, I know some people would just disregard them because they're cheap. :thumbsup:
Keith.
Trying to do justice to my various musical instruments.