Whistle Carry Case

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
khl
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Longtime member of Chiff and Fipple. I own/have owned more whistles than a person should, I think. But I’m not complaining.

Re: Whistle Carry Case

Post by khl »

AuLoS303 wrote:
ytliek wrote:Not sure if made anymore:

http://www.angelfire.com/mo/sassafrassg ... ustom.html
I was on that site the other day and I noticed that all the links lead to a strange site, unrelated to the products on the main site, and is like a dead site. I wonder if they got hacked!
Last I heard/remember they'd stopped making these. Complications in life, etc. It's a pity because they're nice rolls. Sometimes they will show up on ebay or the board here.
Keith
ecadre
Tell us something.: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post by ecadre »

I made myself a big roll that fits all my whistles. It means that they sometimes live together, though not much since they end up wandering around the house anyway. They end up in little herds upstairs around the computer and down around the chair in the living room, with an odd one wandering off to the kitchen.

Making a roll was not much of a technical challenge. Just some oblong pieces of cloth, edging tape and a sewing machine. It's all double layered (including the slots and flap) with a lightweight cotton canvass material and a velvety material on the inside and against the whistles. It was measured to take anything up to a complete alto G whistle, that I haven't purchased yet, but it does have an A in there.

It works well and I use it for some band practices, and when I want to take all my whistles with me to some place for some purpose.

I meant to get round to making a smaller everyday roll too. At the moment, if I'm just taking 3 or 4 whistles out with me, they get wrapped and rolled in a piece of cloth to stop them rattling and rolling about in the bag.

It might be nice to have something more formal for gigs, but rolling in a piece of cloth seems to suffice, though the A whistle does go into a sleeve that came with a Quena. The Quena itself lounges on a bookshelf from where it tries to lure passing humans into playing with it.
TDKBeloushi
Tell us something.: Well,
I played music all my life... And lately discovered celtic music and felt in love with low whistles and Irish flutes!!
I've got interested on low whistles more! And I guess this place is where I belong :)

Post by TDKBeloushi »

I have a lot of these...

And can't be more happy.. :thumbsup:

https://www.eaglemusicshop.com/cat/flut ... e-gig-bags