Sources for digital whistle recordings?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
SaraCait
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I used this forum nearly 15 years ago in high school to teach myself tin whistle, and I'm thrilled to see it still exists! I'm interested in taking up the whistle again so I came back looking for resources to get back into the game. Thanks!

Sources for digital whistle recordings?

Post by SaraCait »

Hi all,

I'm sure this question has been asked a thousand times, but I'm asking again because I can't seem to find it with the search function. :P What are some good websites with digital recordings of the whistle parts of popular trad tunes? Is there an online library or YouTube channel to check out?

Thanks!!
Bretton
Tell us something.: I've been playing whistle for a very long time, but never seem to get any better than I was about 10 years ago. I'm okay with that. :)

Re: Sources for digital whistle recordings?

Post by Bretton »

Hi Sara. Try these:
I've found both of those to be great resources, and I think they're both reasonably "authentic" in their interpretation of trad Irish music (if that's a concern). Shannon is playing flute, not whistle, but it's easy to learn from a flute player and most of the ornamentation is the same. She does an especially good job of playing through the tune at speed, then slowly, then phrase-by-phrase.

-Brett
ytliek
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by ytliek »

SaraCait
Tell us something.: I used this forum nearly 15 years ago in high school to teach myself tin whistle, and I'm thrilled to see it still exists! I'm interested in taking up the whistle again so I came back looking for resources to get back into the game. Thanks!

Post by SaraCait »

Thank you both!!