Help with Accompaniment

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
leahbug
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Hello! My name is Leah and I've taught myself how to play the tin whistle. I enjoy this forum and reference the forum often when I have questions about whistles or music.

Help with Accompaniment

Post by leahbug »

Hey Fellow Whistlers,

I'm trying to create an accompaniment for an upcoming whistle performance. Since I can't find a backing track anywhere online, I thought I'd create my own. Except I don't have a lot of music theory in my background and am having trouble figuring out the cords to go with the song. It's called "Prayer From the North", written by a Korean flutist named Solnamoo Song (See attached). Any help you can offer would be great!

Thanks,
Leahbug

Last edited by leahbug on Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Maybe it's bred in the bone, but the sound of pipes is a little bit of heaven to some of us."
-Nancy O'Keefe
Thomaston

Re: Help with Accompaniment

Post by Thomaston »

Your image isn’t showing. I might be able to figure it out depending on how straight forward it is.
leahbug
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Hello! My name is Leah and I've taught myself how to play the tin whistle. I enjoy this forum and reference the forum often when I have questions about whistles or music.

Post by leahbug »

Thank you for letting me know! I think I got the image working now!

Leahbug
"Maybe it's bred in the bone, but the sound of pipes is a little bit of heaven to some of us."
-Nancy O'Keefe
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

I listened to it here on youtube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s77XGfFaWPY
There is a piano playing along.
''Whistles of Wood'', cpvc and brass. viewtopic.php?f=1&t=69086
Thomaston

Post by Thomaston »

Looks C majorish, but not following I-IV-V. Without holding an instrument right now, I can see where I’d put put C, G and A minor. I don’t really see where an F would go. I’d pull out the bouzouki if my kid wasn’t asleep.