Attempted first tweak on a Waltons

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Irish_Whistler
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I am looking for advice and sources for players that are more experienced than I am. I can play basic makes of whistle with relative ease but am looking for something a bit higher in quality.

Attempted first tweak on a Waltons

Post by Irish_Whistler »

How hard can it be right? Ummmm....let's say harder than you think. I am adept at repairing harmonicas....this is NOT a harmonica. Can anyone give me some pointers on the tweak or removing excess Blu tac? Many many thanks in advance.
Squeakie

Re: Attempted first tweak on a Waltons

Post by Squeakie »

Hi,
There is a whole thread devoted to tweaks.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=39238

I personally use little items I already had on hand. I use scotch brand poster putty, which is not blue, but kind of gray colored. It’s what I could find.

I use a small crochet hook to reach in and dig into the blob of putty and fish it out if I’m not happy with the amount.
I also use the handle ends of an artist paintbrush and other crafting tools I already had to push the putty into place, and twirl it around and kind of smooth things out.
One of my favorite tools is actually used for picking up seed beads for jewelry making. It has two different sized ends, which are rounded and capped in a rubbery coating. It does a great job of smoothing and prodding the putty, without scratching the inside of the mouthpiece. It’s called a Marvy Jewel picker.
These are the tools I use, with a Feadog D mouthpiece for scale.
Good luck, Lisa
PB+J
Tell us something.: I'm a historian and the author of "The Beat Cop:Chicago's Chief O'Neill and the Creation of Irish Music," published by the University of Chicago in 2022. I live in Arlington VA and play the flute sincerely but not well

Post by PB+J »

I just hook it out with a small Allen wrench or a small jewelers screwdriver, because I happen to have them around.

I use little strips of 600 grit automotive sandpaper to try to smooth things. Sometimes my efforts have worked, and sometime not.
Irish_Whistler
Tell us something.: I am looking for advice and sources for players that are more experienced than I am. I can play basic makes of whistle with relative ease but am looking for something a bit higher in quality.

Post by Irish_Whistler »

Thank you sorry if I missed the other thread.....I don't have any crochet hooks....but....my wife does...(evil chuckle). The sandpaper is also a great idea as long as I don't bugger the fipple these items should work...as well as some of my harmonica repair tools...thanks to you all again