I played the baritone in school

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Benaiahianmonk
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Yes , i am a tin whistle maker and am looking for an improved way to make a better fipple than the plans I currently use. Thank you

I played the baritone in school

Post by Benaiahianmonk »

Music isn’t new to me but it’s been a lifetime ago . In school band
afl2277
Tell us something.: Just starting out on the tin whistle journey and loving learning to play. Now at an advanced age, I still remember my recorder days from school and so, remembering where the notes are has given me a head start.

Re: I played the baritone in school

Post by afl2277 »

Benaiahianmonk wrote:Music isn’t new to me but it’s been a lifetime ago . In school band

If you've played before then that's a good base for you to start playing again. Maybe a low whistle? :thumbsup:
benhall.1
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.
Location: Unimportant island off the great mainland of Europe

Post by benhall.1 »

afl2277 wrote:
Benaiahianmonk wrote:Music isn’t new to me but it’s been a lifetime ago . In school band

If you've played before then that's a good base for you to start playing again. Maybe a low whistle? :thumbsup:
Maybe eventually. In my opinion, if you want to learn whistle - any whistle - you would be better off starting by learning how to play a high D whistle. You can progress on to low D later, if that's your interest.. To start straight off with low D I reckon is a stretch too far. Literally, and figuratively.
fatmac
Tell us something.: Kickbiker - at over 70!
:lol:

Post by fatmac »

I'm only a newbie to whistle, & flute, started out with a high set of Generation nickel whistles, & tried a Tony Dixon low D flute, but the stretch of the holes was quite considerable, & it has taken some time for my fingers to do the stretch, still not quite there. ;)

My lowest whistle at the moment is an alto G, (& my highest is also a G :D ).
Keith.
Trying to do justice to my various musical instruments.