Still Whistling.

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
afl2277
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Just starting out on the tin whistle journey and loving learning to play. Now at an advanced age, I still remember my recorder days from school and so, remembering where the notes are has given me a head start.

Still Whistling.

Post by afl2277 »

Hello....after getting sidetracked and not visiting the forum for what seems like ages.

I'm still whistling every day, unfortunately the same sequence of tunes as I've not had time to sit for long enough to learn something new.

I'm due to be at the coast again soon, my last roam around of this year, and Im trying to decide which whistle will find it's way into my bag to go with me....and no doubt be played on a quiet part of the sea front that I know of.

As winter then approaches I will be holed up like a recluse in my cottage, with plenty of spare time to start learning new tunes, and I might just be tempted to buy myself another whistle for Christmas :thumbsup: My even be the low D that I'm desperate to get :love:
Tyler DelGregg
Tell us something.: Whistles are fun, whistles are charming, whistles sound nice, whistles are affordable, whistles make us smile, whistles make dogs bark, and whistles upset some neighbors.

Re: Still Whistling.

Post by Tyler DelGregg »

If I'm going to be holed up in a cabin with time to play tunes, would bring all the keys I own.
Take all your whistles; they don't take up too much room.
afl2277
Tell us something.: Just starting out on the tin whistle journey and loving learning to play. Now at an advanced age, I still remember my recorder days from school and so, remembering where the notes are has given me a head start.

Post by afl2277 »

Tyler DelGregg wrote:If I'm going to be holed up in a cabin with time to play tunes, would bring all the keys I own.
Take all your whistles; they don't take up too much room.
I do envy you being somewhere you can play without worrying about the noise.

I'll be leaving my van at home and travelling by train...it makes a nice change to relax on a journey...so although I have to keep weight in my case to a minimum, I only have 2 whistles at the moment so my choice is between the two, the Feadog or the Clarke. Think it will be the Clarke that will be in my handbag :thumbsup:
Tyler DelGregg
Tell us something.: Whistles are fun, whistles are charming, whistles sound nice, whistles are affordable, whistles make us smile, whistles make dogs bark, and whistles upset some neighbors.

Post by Tyler DelGregg »

Yes, I do have the advantage of being able to play at home without disturbing anyone, which is a big load off my mind. The Clarke is a good choice for a trip companion!
afl2277

Post by afl2277 »

Yes I agree, think it will be the Sweetone :thumbsup: