Wooden whistles from Russia \ Try it!

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Paul_Harmony
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Hello!
I'm from Russia, interested in Irish music and flute) I am also a musician and flutemaker. Chiffandfipple - a very cool life, I am very happy to have found it!

Wooden whistles from Russia \ Try it!

Post by Paul_Harmony »

Dear Friends! Wood flute workshop "HarmonyFlute" announces an interesting action - PayAfterPlay !

Our workshop is located in Russia, Moscow. For many people in our Land - it sounds a little intimidating )
We want to dispel this myth (yes, bears do not walk in our streets) and show the world our flutes made with the soul!

On trial we are ready to send the first three wishing these flutes: ashwood Whistles keys C, D, Eb.
If you like these flutes, you can buy them. If you don't like the flute, you can send it to us

The whole action will be held on trust:
1. you write that you are ready to try
2. we ship the flute to you (shipping now for about 14-18 days in average in the world)
3. you get a flute, play for a day or two and write to us about your decision
4. if you like the flute , we send you an invoice to PayPal and you pay for the flute
5. if the flute you don't like it - you send it back to us

the cost of the flutes:
Whistle in Eb 108$
Whistle in D 116$
Whistle in C 124$
Shipping is free!

our site http://harmonyflute.com/

Video with thise flutes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CHRAt33qtY&t=1s

jimhanks
Tell us something.: I play lots of instruments including several wind instruments like recorder and Native American flutes. I'm looking to expand my horizons and learn more about whistles, especially wooden ones.

Re: Wooden whistles from Russia \ Try it!

Post by jimhanks »

I can vouch for these - the Bb anyway. I received one a few weeks ago and I like it a lot. Tuning and tone are very nice. :thumbsup:
Derek Blackwell
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Derek Blackwell »

Very interesting. Are the C, D and Eb a set? Is this 3 bodies and 1 head? Or are these 3 different bore sizes?
kkrell
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Post by kkrell »

Derek Blackwell wrote:Very interesting. Are the C, D and Eb a set? Is this 3 bodies and 1 head? Or are these 3 different bore sizes?
The bores might be the same, but based on the include picture in the original post, the head lengths appear different. The price list on his website offers complete individual whistles only (head & body), no sets.
International Traditional Music Society, Inc.
A non-profit 501c3 charity/educational public benefit corporation
Wooden Flute Obsession CDs (3 volumes, 6 discs, 7 hours, 120 players/tracks)
https://www.worldtrad.org
Paul_Harmony
I'm from Russia, interested in Irish music and flute) I am also a musician and flutemaker. Chiffandfipple - a very cool life, I am very happy to have found it!

Post by Paul_Harmony »

Derek Blackwell wrote:Very interesting. Are the C, D and Eb a set? Is this 3 bodies and 1 head? Or are these 3 different bore sizes?
Its 3 different flutes
Tyler DelGregg
Tell us something.: Whistles are fun, whistles are charming, whistles sound nice, whistles are affordable, whistles make us smile, whistles make dogs bark, and whistles upset some neighbors.

Post by Tyler DelGregg »

What is the best fingering for the C natural on the high D? OXX OOO ?
Paul_Harmony

Post by Paul_Harmony »

Tyler DelGregg wrote:What is the best fingering for the C natural on the high D? OXX OOO ?
Yes
Tyler DelGregg
Tell us something.: Whistles are fun, whistles are charming, whistles sound nice, whistles are affordable, whistles make us smile, whistles make dogs bark, and whistles upset some neighbors.

Post by Tyler DelGregg »

jimhanks wrote:I can vouch for these - the Bb anyway. I received one a few weeks ago and I like it a lot. Tuning and tone are very nice. :thumbsup:
I just placed an order for a Bb in ashwood yesterday. Can you give us any more general impressions? The sound clips Pavel provides are very nice. He also responds very quickly to emails. Other than the voice of the instrument, playing a whistle made of wood from Russia has its own aesthetic appeal for me.