First Bb Whistle

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Polara Pat
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: In an effort to ease from lurker to forum member; I'm hoping that this elite gang of whistlers will help this very green player to advance to the next stage. My current stage is slightly below novice and is only permitted in the garage like the dog I am. Oh yah, not a robot.

Re: First Bb Whistle

Post by Polara Pat »

pancelticpiper wrote:As I've mentioned I've played hundreds of Bb Generations over the last 40+ years and never found that magical great one to buy.

Yes other players have had fantastic ones but they were absolutely NFS.

Until I got a Jerry Freeman Generation Bb which is amazing.

So with Generations, perhaps especially vintage Generations, you never know, and by tremendous luck you could end up with a world-class Bb whistle, one that will outplay any Bb at any price.

I just picked up a box of around 30 old Generations in various keys for $30. Who knows what might be in there?
This Bb probably isn't a good one but I simply don't have the ear to know better at this point. I have no idea of the vintage but it definitely needed some maintenance. That being said, I have more than gotten my $6.00 worth out of this whistle. I would love to play a good one some day for comparison.

Nice score on the whistle box btw
Ronk
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I enjoy playing flutes & whistles. C&F is a great place to learn more about both. It is interesting to find out more about makers, history, techniques and making music with these instruments.

Re: First Bb Whistle

Post by Ronk »

As far as a capo goes - if you put the capo on the third fret then the form used for G (with no capo) becomes Bb, C becomes Eb and D becomes F, etc.