Where Do You Play Your Whistle.

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Polara Pat
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: In an effort to ease from lurker to forum member; I'm hoping that this elite gang of whistlers will help this very green player to advance to the next stage. My current stage is slightly below novice and is only permitted in the garage like the dog I am. Oh yah, not a robot.

Re: Where Do You Play Your Whistle.

Post by Polara Pat »

I primarily practice in my garage. It has really good acoustics for some reason and if the door is shut then it's fairly sound proof. On the other hand, if the bay door is open it acts like an amphitheater. So far my neighbors are cool with it. Otherwise I play in the car. I keep a whistle in every glove box.
Tor

Post by Tor »

One of the reasons I eventually decided to buy a house and not an apartment (the price difference wasn't much) was in order to not have to worry about the neighbours. Among other factors, but in the end the two points that tipped it: A little more space, and being able to practice or play whenever I wish (with wife and friends).
afl2277
Tell us something.: Just starting out on the tin whistle journey and loving learning to play. Now at an advanced age, I still remember my recorder days from school and so, remembering where the notes are has given me a head start.

Post by afl2277 »

Sedi wrote:I practice in the living room while my wife practices her accordion in the bedroom--there are 4 doors in between. Some songs we also play together after I bought her a songbook with Irish trad for accordion. Neighbors are no problem. Enough space between the houses and they have soundproof windows as they are both professional musicians and don't want to disturb anyone while playing--happy coincidence.
Im in a 1890s built cottage and the wall between my neighbour and myself are one single brick thick. I can hear her talking or the baby crying. I don't feel I can play at a normal level in the house. I envy people like yourself who can :D
afl2277
Tell us something.: Just starting out on the tin whistle journey and loving learning to play. Now at an advanced age, I still remember my recorder days from school and so, remembering where the notes are has given me a head start.

Post by afl2277 »

Polara Pat wrote:I primarily practice in my garage. It has really good acoustics for some reason and if the door is shut then it's fairly sound proof. On the other hand, if the bay door is open it acts like an amphitheater. So far my neighbors are cool with it. Otherwise I play in the car. I keep a whistle in every glove box.
I had sat in my van on the drive....then discovered the old lady in a bungalow next to me isn't well and her bedroom window is near to my drive. So that's another good idea gone till she is better.
afl2277

Post by afl2277 »

Tor wrote:One of the reasons I eventually decided to buy a house and not an apartment (the price difference wasn't much) was in order to not have to worry about the neighbours. Among other factors, but in the end the two points that tipped it: A little more space, and being able to practice or play whenever I wish (with wife and friends).
I've considered for a long time selling my house and having a detached bungalow built on my land. I've kept putting it off for various reasons...and now it might be playing the whistle that makes me do it :lol: