OAIM troubles?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Brus
antispam: No

OAIM troubles?

Post by Brus »

Is anyone else having trouble staying logged in to OAIM?

When I log in and then try to navigate around the site, I'm soon (sometimes immediately) thrown back to the login screen, having been logged out. There is no error message.

I've emailed them and done what they suggested - clear the cache and cookies, try other browsers.

I've even tried from two other computers and got the same result.

Is anyone else having this problem? Ideas on what to do?
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur. (Anything is more impressive if you say it in Latin)
AaronFW
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I started with playing bamboo flutes. But I transitioned to primarily playing the Boehm flute a few lessons ago with the aim of getting good music instruction. However, I've been transitioning to playing Irish Traditional Music on simple flutes.

Re: OAIM troubles?

Post by AaronFW »

I’ve had the same issue, but have found no solutions.
PB+J
Tell us something.: I'm a historian and the author of "The Beat Cop:Chicago's Chief O'Neill and the Creation of Irish Music," published by the University of Chicago in 2022. I live in Arlington VA and play the flute sincerely but not well

Post by PB+J »

Me too
JTU
Tell us something.: I have been playing the tin whistle for a year. I have never played a musical instrument before the tin whistle.

Post by JTU »

I had this problem with OAIM for a while, i.e. after a few minutes the site would log me out indiscriminately. In case anyone is still having the same issue I sorted it out by changing the web browser I use to log into the OAIM site. I use an iPad and had been logging in with Safari. I now log in via Google Chrome (there are a number of other browsers you could use) and that seems to have resolved the problem. I imagine when Apple updated to the latest IPad version that something happened to make Safari a bit incompatible with the server used by OAIM. Hope this helps. Cheers
Brus

Post by Brus »

JTU wrote:I had this problem with OAIM for a while, i.e. after a few minutes the site would log me out indiscriminately. In case anyone is still having the same issue I sorted it out by changing the web browser I use to log into the OAIM site. I use an iPad and had been logging in with Safari. I now log in via Google Chrome (there are a number of other browsers you could use) and that seems to have resolved the problem. I imagine when Apple updated to the latest IPad version that something happened to make Safari a bit incompatible with the server used by OAIM. Hope this helps. Cheers
Alas, Google Chrome is what I normally use, and I only use a laptop.

It seemed better last weekend and this week.

Thanks for the info.
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur. (Anything is more impressive if you say it in Latin)
AaronFW
Tell us something.: I started with playing bamboo flutes. But I transitioned to primarily playing the Boehm flute a few lessons ago with the aim of getting good music instruction. However, I've been transitioning to playing Irish Traditional Music on simple flutes.

Post by AaronFW »

Seems better for me now too. Keeps me logged in for weeks now. :thumbsup: