Calling Mark Bell!

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
mynameisnotsally
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I tutor children in our homeschool co-op. We do a 6 week tin whistle unit every year. I'm trying to track down Mark Bell because we really enjoy the Whistle and Squeak website and would like to request a few beginner songs and I can't find any contact information on his website.

Calling Mark Bell!

Post by mynameisnotsally »

I’m wondering if Mark Bell is on this forum or if anyone can put me in contact with him. He has the Whistle and Squeak website. We have enjoyed using his tablature with sheet music as my children learn to play the tin whistle and I have used some songs in tutoring students in our Classical Conversations community. But I’d like to request some other songs. His website says one can email him, but I haven’t been able to find the email address. Can anyone please help? Thanks!!
AaronFW
Tell us something.: I started with playing bamboo flutes. But I transitioned to primarily playing the Boehm flute a few lessons ago with the aim of getting good music instruction. However, I've been transitioning to playing Irish Traditional Music on simple flutes.

Re: Calling Mark Bell!

Post by AaronFW »

mynameisnotsally wrote:... But I’d like to request some other songs. His website says one can email him, but I haven’t been able to find the email address. Can anyone please help? Thanks!!
You are right, I tried multiple things and was not able to find his email address anywhere on his website.

I don't think you can see profiles until you have 3 posts, but his profile on Chiff&Fipple says he hasn't been on C&F since March 2017... Once you post 2 more times, you should be able to send him a Private Message (PM) and he should get a notification in his email-box. (Link to his profile memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=4775 )

Alternatively, I did find that he did give some instruction regarding how to make additional sheet music including the font he uses (per his FAQ: http://praisewhistlers.org/whistleandsqueak/FAQ.html). If you need help getting that working, I could give some pointers.
mynameisnotsally
Tell us something.: I tutor children in our homeschool co-op. We do a 6 week tin whistle unit every year. I'm trying to track down Mark Bell because we really enjoy the Whistle and Squeak website and would like to request a few beginner songs and I can't find any contact information on his website.

Re: Calling Mark Bell!

Post by mynameisnotsally »

Aaron,

Fantastic advice! Thank you so much! I haven't been able to make the time to follow his instructions with Noteworthy. But if I'm unsuccessful in being able to pm him per your advice, I'll probably come asking for your help with Noteworthy. Again, thank you for your kindness and reply.

Grace and peace,
Abby
(see, my name is not Sally) ;-)