It is currently Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:52 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:43 am 

Ordered the Clarke Original D 200th Special Edition whistle on a whim -- thought the silver D with the nifty little gold plaque would make a nice collector's item even if didn't sound like an expensive custom job.

I have to say this little whistle is blowing me away -- the tone is round and sweet and soft, and it's much more focused and controllable than the several Clarke Cs I have. Can't be pushed very hard, probably too quiet for big session playing, but for small groups or practice or solos -- when it's pretty much just you and your whistle -- this is fast becoming my favorite. It's just so easy to play and has such a clean, fat tone.

I'm impressed, and at the price I won't hesitate to keep it in my pocket or back pack. It's a tough little traveler that sounds amazing.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:53 am 

Do you also have the Original "non special" in black to compare it to?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:49 am 

Just in C. I don't have an Original black in D. If they consistently sound and play as nice as the Special Edition D I just received, they're an even more incredible value.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:59 am 

Sadly I have only the black one, which I bought mainly to have a whistle I can play immediately after the bigger recorders without skipping the first octave altogether... Otherwise it's not my favourite, so maybe the "special edition" is better. Or you were lucky! Congratulations!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:20 am 

bogheathen wrote:
Ordered the Clarke Original D 200th Special Edition whistle on a whim...
I'm impressed, and at the price I won't hesitate to keep it in my pocket or back pack. It's a tough little traveler that sounds amazing.

Just don't keep it in your back pocket. You're sure to sit on it eventually. Don't ask me how I know this... :oops: