CP: Anak Whistle Wooden Head Full Set!

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
fatmac
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Kickbiker - at over 70!
:lol:

Re: CP: Anak Whistle Wooden Head Full Set!

Post by fatmac »

Yes, that says ABS, which is the same plastic they use on their cheaper (moulded) models too.

I certainly like the idea, but not their hole spacing they use on the lower end - that is why I started looking for a better (for me) flute. :)

The TD brass alto G whisle that I just bought also has the peculiar (to me) spacing, unfortunately.
Keith.
Trying to do justice to my various musical instruments.
iain beag
Tell us something.: I play various instruments, Highland pipes, Border pipes, uilleann pipes, smallpipes, flute (badly) and trying to learn mandolin.

Post by iain beag »

I bought a Low D by Anak whistles about 6 weeks ago and I really like it.

From a personal point of view I prefer the tone and tuning compared to a MK Pro I have on loan.
Can't say I found any problems with hole spacing and I suppose my hands are on the smallish side.

Just wish I had more time to play it.
SJIBambooWhistle
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by SJIBambooWhistle »

Hello. the tone of the head (mouthpiece) is determined more than 90%. The body affects the balance and tuning of the pitch. The reason why the whole head is used as a wood is for stability of sound change, prevention of condensation, and wood tone. The reason why the body is made of metal is that the balance of the pitch and tuning are more advantageous. :)
khl
Tell us something.: Longtime member of Chiff and Fipple. I own/have owned more whistles than a person should, I think. But I’m not complaining.

Post by khl »

I bought a Low C whistle direct from Anak Whistles and a high D a little while later from a board member. I've been wanting to do a video clip to show what they sound like and how they handle. That's simply not going to happen right now for lack of time. But the sound clips on their website reflect well the sound they have. Lovely tone, easy handling, responsive, medium volume, etc. Reaches the lower notes of the third octave without being too harsh or piercing. The wooden mouthpiece is well-crafted and very comfortable.
Keith
pancelticpiper
Tell us something.: Playing Scottish and Irish music in California for 45 years.
These days many discussions are migrating to Facebook but I prefer the online chat forum format.

Post by pancelticpiper »

iain beag wrote:I bought a Low D by Anak whistles about 6 weeks ago and I really like it.

I prefer the tone and tuning compared to an MK Pro I have on loan.
I for one would like to hear more about this.

I've owned a half-dozen different MK Low Ds so I'm very familiar with how they play, and I'd like to hear specifically how the Anak's tuning differs from the MK's tuning.

Thanks!
Richard Cook
c1980 Quinn uilleann pipes
1945 Starck Highland pipes
Goldie Low D whistle
Tor

Post by Tor »

It sounds like it's not A=440. It's a bit sharp.
Tor

Post by Tor »

SJIBambooWhistle wrote: sound sample
https://youtu.be/DJHbgggyAlI
Wow. Hatao sounds great, as always.
SJIBambooWhistle
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by SJIBambooWhistle »

Hello. Linked sound samples were played with the tuning slide body fully inserted without adjusting the pitch. Anak whistle and Anak flute are tunable to adjust pitch.