CP: Anak Whistle Wooden Head Full Set!

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
SJIBambooWhistle
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

CP: Anak Whistle Wooden Head Full Set!

Post by SJIBambooWhistle »

Hello Whistler friends! I am making an irish whistle on Jeju Island, the largest island in South Korea.
(South Korea and Ireland have a lot in common. I love Ireland!)

Anak Whistle Wooden Head Full Set!
List of keys we are making
High - E, Eb, D, C#(Db), C, B, Bb
Alto - A, G#(Ab), G, F#(Gb), F,
Low - E, Eb, D, C#(Db), C

Anak whistle The head of every key is ebony (the types of ebony are black, brown and white). The body is made by combining aluminum alloy.

The order waiting period may vary depending on the key
The color and appearance of the wooden head may vary slightly depending on the production situation.

If you order now, it will take a waiting period from 10~20 days or 20~30 days.
(The waiting period may vary depending on the key. Please contact us for the exact waiting period)
anakwhistles@gmail.com

Key price list of Anak Whistle
https://anakwhistles.blogspot.com/2015/ ... n.html?m=1

Anak Whistle Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/anak_whistles

I will always be genuine and will reward you with the sound of a good instrument.

AaronFW
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I started with playing bamboo flutes. But I transitioned to primarily playing the Boehm flute a few lessons ago with the aim of getting good music instruction. However, I've been transitioning to playing Irish Traditional Music on simple flutes.

Re: CP: Anak Whistle Wooden Head Full Set!

Post by AaronFW »

What do the “D-S” and “D-M” mean in regards to the whistles in the image?

Can you also tell us more about the flute? :)
Mr.Gumby

Post by Mr.Gumby »

What do the “D-S” and “D-M” mean in regards to the whistles in the image?
Read the website linked in the OP:
There are two versions of the Anak Whistle High D key.

(S) ver. It had a volume and breathing similar to Burke. You can easily make a sound with less breathing until 3 octaves. It is free from condensation.(No clogging)
Soft and sweet sound.
(M) ver. It is a breath similar to Susato. The volume is slightly smaller than Susato. (Two octaves are not sharp.) It is suitable for people who are playing other wind instruments because the bass is more comfortable. (For example saxophone, ocarina, pan flute, etc.).
The volume is bigger than the S version, and the breath also enters a little more.
Sweet and cool sound of wood tone.
My brain hurts

AaronFW
Tell us something.: I started with playing bamboo flutes. But I transitioned to primarily playing the Boehm flute a few lessons ago with the aim of getting good music instruction. However, I've been transitioning to playing Irish Traditional Music on simple flutes.

Post by AaronFW »

Thanks for posting it, Mr. Gumby. :)
fatmac
Tell us something.: Kickbiker - at over 70!
:lol:

Post by fatmac »

AaronFW wrote: Can you also tell us more about the flute? :)
Website says:-
Anak Flute - mouthpiece guaiac wood
Low D $290

I've never heard of that wood before, & I don't see why they would put a wooden mouthpiece on a metal flute(?!).
Keith.
Trying to do justice to my various musical instruments.
SJIBambooWhistle
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by SJIBambooWhistle »

AaronFW wrote:What do the “D-S” and “D-M” mean in regards to the whistles in the image?

Hello! Anak flute is an Irish flute that mixes metal and wood. It is a version that reduces the price burden of the performer and makes it easier to manage. You can easily make sounds up to three octaves, and you can feel the tone of the wood with a stable pitch.

Thank you for your inquiry. I will always reply sincerely.^^

Best regards
Anak Whistle

sound sample
https://youtu.be/DJHbgggyAlI

sound sample
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bemy_dwHlXy ... 984fuul8hh
whistle1000

Post by whistle1000 »

I agree Fatmac...Even if they were the nicest sounding and playing Low D's around, ( and we all know how personal these thoughts are), I would not even consider one based on the wooden head...it just seems too much of a "liability" with the potential for cracks due to variable weather (possibly why Reburn stopped making the maple head whistle)...my mother always said if you have nothing nice to say, don't say it....I'm not trying to put down these whistles as I've not played one, nor am I likely to...I'm just stating my opinion....I've always been "confused" from the first time reading about these whistles and was with the original Reyburn with the Maple head...I do wish the maker well and hope they sell for them.
Mr.Gumby

Post by Mr.Gumby »

I don't see why they would put a wooden mouthpiece on a metal flute(?!).
I don't see why they wouldn't. Wooden headjoints for (metal) Boehm flutes aren't exactly unheard of.

In this case a price advantage (a metal body) but with the tone of a wooden head/embouchure cut.
My brain hurts

fatmac

Post by fatmac »

Would such a small amount of wood at the embouchure hole really make it sound woody?

(I've seen Boehm with delrin heads, but not seen or heard of a wooden headed metal bodied one before, so I guess you learn something new every day.)
Keith.
AaronFW

Post by AaronFW »

Yes, it would have a difference sound and responsiveness. Trevor James Flutes in the UK makes a African Blackwood lipped headjoint: http://tjflutes.com/products/cflutes/fl ... intoptions which is nice. (Though I did not buy one since $1,300 is a little steep for me for just a headjoint). (They used to make a full wooden head too, but don’t advertise it anymore.)

There are a fair number of makers that makes wooden headjoint options for their Boehm flutes.

Edit: I was trying to think who had really nice pictures of Boehm Headjoints and remembered that it was our own Geoffery Ellis: http://www.ellisflutes.com
AaronFW

Post by AaronFW »

SJIBambooWhistle wrote:
AaronFW wrote:What do the “D-S” and “D-M” mean in regards to the whistles in the image?

Thank you for your inquiry. I will always reply sincerely.^^

sound sample
https://youtu.be/DJHbgggyAlI

sound sample
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bemy_dwHlXy ... 984fuul8hh
Thanks for the sound samples.
fatmac

Post by fatmac »

Thanks for the link, Aaron - enlightening. :)

Edit: Just had a listen to the Anak flute, it does sound nice.
Keith.
nicx66
Tell us something.: Hi, I have been playing whistle for 3 years. I made my first whistle 2 years ago and my first tin whistle last year in a tinsmithing class.

Post by nicx66 »

For the white ebony, are you using persimmon or a wood species native to your neck of the woods? Beautiful whistles, I like the flat wind-way!
pancelticpiper
Tell us something.: Playing Scottish and Irish music in California for 45 years.
These days many discussions are migrating to Facebook but I prefer the online chat forum format.

Post by pancelticpiper »

Coming from the flute world, the design of the Anak whistles makes perfect sense.

Fluteplayers (that is, Boehm fluteplayers) feel that most of the tone-colour comes from the headjoint. My personal experience is exactly that. I've played identical-spec headjoints in boxwood, Honduras rosewood, ebony, and other woods on the same silver Boehm body and each gives a unique tone and unique playing characteristics.

Theobald Boehm himself, the inventor and first maker of the modern flute, made many flutes with silver bodies and wood headjoints.

You'll also see flutists playing silver heads on plated bodies, gold heads on silver bodies, and so forth.
Richard Cook
c1980 Quinn uilleann pipes
1945 Starck Highland pipes
Goldie Low D whistle
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Big Whistle Music has a Tony Dixon low D whistle flute combo. One aluminum body with a whistle and flute head, of plastic?

https://www.bigwhistle.co.uk/flutes?product_id=123342
''Whistles of Wood'', cpvc and brass. viewtopic.php?f=1&t=69086